Search

SIN-BKK-CEI

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2024, 5:10 am
formerly JackDann
Original Poster

SIN-BKK-CEI

Hi All,

Was booked from SIN-CEI on AirAsia and just had out flight cancelled. I'm now looking at alternatives. At the moment, the only option I can seem to book on 1 ticket that is within the time we would like to travel (Morning 18th Feb) is on TG.

2 of our party have enough KrisFlyer miles to book the SIN-BKK leg on SQ and we'd prefer to fly with them. If we were to book SIN-BKK on SQ and then BKK-CEI on TG, would SQ allow our baggage to be checked through and is there any chance of having our connection protected?

Unfortunately the only way i've managed to get this to pull through into one ticket was through a TA which was extremely expensive.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 5:18 am

SQ usually will check through for separate ticket.
but if you have book J in SQ but Y in TG, TG might bill you for any excess luggage.

and sorry, there won’t be any connection protection. Even if you buy from OTA ,don’t think the connection are protected.
JD1905 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:03 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Even if you buy from OTA ,don’t think the connection are protected.
If the TA issues it on one ticket, and the connection meets the minimum connection time - it is protected. But looked at expedia ... it's unsurpisingly selling a SQ->TG connection on the sector in economy for about $1100 SGD more than the equivalent TG connection.
JD1905 likes this.
Old Jan 11, 2024, 7:15 am
formerly JackDann
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokijuh
If the TA issues it on one ticket, and the connection meets the minimum connection time - it is protected. But looked at expedia ... it's unsurpisingly selling a SQ->TG connection on the sector in economy for about $1100 SGD more than the equivalent TG connection.
That's what I found also!

Having looked at the value of using miles and booking a reward vs the cash it's really not saving enough to make it worth while. I think we'll just book the one ticket with TG on the occasion.
Old Jan 13, 2024, 8:18 am

Programs: AA Plat
Yeah. Best to book both flights on TG on a single ticket, especially since it sounds like you're traveling as a group. Save the more exciting airport dashes and check-in headaches for solo travel!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.