Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Changi airport lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2023, 12:02 am
Original Poster

Changi airport lounges

I’m not sure if this question is in the correct forum, but I was wondering if anyone with experience in other Changi lounges other than SIA lounges would know whether it’s necessary to make a booking for the SATS premium lounge T3 for a 10pm-midnight layover?

My husband has a priority pass which I have been informed can be used to access this lounge (does anyone know if that’s true?.

The concern is that it might be full when he arrives there. Booking ahead means he has to pay (or is there a way to use the priority pass to book? I emailed them and that didn’t get anywhere).
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:34 am

Programs: Priority Club Pl, Marriot Gold, Delta PM, National EE, Hertz PC, TSA Pre✓
Access may be restricted

Hubby should be able to look on his phone using the Priority Pass.
I looked at Terminal 1 and 2 and 3 using the app.
All three have SATS lounges.
All three said Access may be restricted due to space constraints. And 3 hours maximum.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:40 am

just don't go to the Ambasador Transit lounge, it's terrible.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 11:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by davidlhanson
Hubby should be able to look on his phone using the Priority Pass.
I looked at Terminal 1 and 2 and 3 using the app.
All three have SATS lounges.
All three said Access may be restricted due to space constraints. And 3 hours maximum.
thanks for the tip. We are hoping to stay in T3 as this is where we arrive and depart from and the layover is only 2 hours. The SATS premium lounge in T3 says that it’s first come first serve and subject to availability, but I’m just wondering if that time of day is super busy and likely to get filled up? I do remember being at Changi t that time in the silverkris lounge and not being able to find any seats.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Dozbez
thanks for the tip. We are hoping to stay in T3 as this is where we arrive and depart from and the layover is only 2 hours. The SATS premium lounge in T3 says that it’s first come first serve and subject to availability, but I’m just wondering if that time of day is super busy and likely to get filled up? I do remember being at Changi t that time in the silverkris lounge and not being able to find any seats.
You don't have to pay to reserve. Changi lounges are rarely full. If you don't mind the walk and sky train ride, Plaza Premium in T1 is among the better Options. I found Marhaba/Ambasador/Sats in T3 to be be quite similar and just average.
PES_B1 and lokijuh like this.
Old Dec 4, 2023, 7:36 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
We are hoping to stay in T3 as this is where we arrive and depart from and the layover is only 2 hours. The.
Are you arriving and departing on SQ? If so, it is not guaranteed that your arrival and departure will be from T3. On the arrivals side - these can be (in order of decreasing likelihood) in any of T3, T2 or even T1 (C1 or C20+ gates). As for departures, some flights are allocated gates C1 and C20+ etc which are actually in T1. If you are on a flight that is departing from a C gate, or B9 and B10 in T3, the T1 lounges are almost certainly closer to your departure gates. In any event it's only a few minutes on the Skytrain between terminals, and there's still plenty of time, those in the know (who don't want to waste a lounge visit ) usually arrive at the gate later (20-25 mins before departure) rather than earlier.

If you arriving and departing on another carrier that goes from T3 - yes you will definitely be in T3.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 2:13 pm

I’m not sure if this question is in the correct forum, but I was wondering if anyone with experience in other Changi lounges other than SIA lounges would know whether it’s necessary to make a booking for the SATS premium lounge T3 for a 10pm-midnight layover?

My husband has a priority pass which I have been informed can be used to access this lounge (does anyone know if that’s true?.

The concern is that it might be full when he arrives there. Booking ahead means he has to pay (or is there a way to use the priority pass to book? I emailed them and that didn’t get anywhere).
You don't need to make a booking; in fact, I don't think any of the lounges take pre-booking. It's always on a first-come-first-serve basis.

PP access can be checked against the PP app, according to the terminals.

10pm-12am is usually a heavy pax load of people leaving.. but there is usually a very high turnover rate (as people move off for their flights). I doubt there would be any serious trouble getting into a lounge.

Even if so, there are plenty of other eating/resting areas in Changi, which might also be a better way to pass time than sitting in a lounge.
Old Dec 5, 2023, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by redvelvetmartinis
Even if so, there are plenty of other eating/resting areas in Changi, which might also be a better way to pass time than sitting in a lounge.
Personally, the reason why lounges in SIN are not more spectacular is because SIN as an airport is pretty amazing. Even without lounge access, there are much to eat/drink/seat/do.

So the investments for passenger comfort are already being put in by the airport authority.

Of course that's ignoring the "getting things for free" aspect, which is not exactly free.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 1:56 am
formerly rt23456p

Check TGM out if lounge are full, they also accept pp.

Originally Posted by Acid
You don't have to pay to reserve. Changi lounges are rarely full. If you don't mind the walk and sky train ride, Plaza Premium in T1 is among the better Options. I found Marhaba/Ambasador/Sats in T3 to be be quite similar and just average.
Marhaba been always empty is already great.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 1:07 pm

Programs: Cunard Platinum, SQ * Silver.
Super easy to get to Plaza Premium in T1 - jump on the Skytrain or walk (I quite like stretching my legs after a long haul) - I'd recommend this over Marhaba, SATS or the atrocious Ambassador Transit Lounge in T3.
joananna631 likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokijuh
Are you arriving and departing on SQ? If so, it is not guaranteed that your arrival and departure will be from T3. On the arrivals side - these can be (in order of decreasing likelihood) in any of T3, T2 or even T1 (C1 or C20+ gates). As for departures, some flights are allocated gates C1 and C20+ etc which are actually in T1. If you are on a flight that is departing from a C gate, or B9 and B10 in T3, the T1 lounges are almost certainly closer to your departure gates. In any event it's only a few minutes on the Skytrain between terminals, and there's still plenty of time, those in the know (who don't want to waste a lounge visit ) usually arrive at the gate later (20-25 mins before departure) rather than earlier.

If you arriving and departing on another carrier that goes from T3 - yes you will definitely be in T3.
thank you very much for this info.
the booking info says departing Changi T3 and we arrive from Sydney prior to that, and from past experience it was into T3. I read somewhere that T3 is generally where the Sydney flights come into. But it’s good to know that the Terminal number is not necessarily guaranteed
Old Dec 9, 2023, 10:53 pm

Hey, does anyone know which Lounge Gulf Air uses for its Business Class passengers in SIN?
Old Dec 9, 2023, 10:57 pm

google is your friend - https://www.gulfair.com/en/flying-wi...on-gold-lounge

SATS Premier Lounge in T1
Panix likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 12:06 am

Thanks! Seems like you are my friend too!
But what a pity, SATS in T1 is quite lame.
Old Dec 10, 2023, 3:46 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by Ynox
Super easy to get to Plaza Premium in T1 - jump on the Skytrain or walk (I quite like stretching my legs after a long haul) - I'd recommend this over Marhaba, SATS or the atrocious Ambassador Transit Lounge in T3.
thank you very much for this info.
the booking info says departing Changi T3 and we arrive from Sydney prior to that, and from past experience it was into T3. I read somewhere that T3 is generally where the Sydney flights come into. But it’s good to know that the Terminal number is not necessarily guaranteed
You may consider connect and TGM, they are 20m apart from each another in T2, you get 20SGD credit in each of them for your PP, but TGM is not open at the moment for PP though. It's consider a lounge not a restaurant so you can use both simultaneously.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.