Wiki Posts
Search

Check In Issue

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2023, 7:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: SE 100K
Check In Issue

Travelling tomorrow on an Aeroplan reward ticket, all business class: MCT - BKK - SIN - DPS.
First segment on WY from MCT - BKK.
Check in on app for WY, no issues. Shows my subsequent SQ flights but does not provide boarding passes.

Try to check in on SQ app for the BKK - SIN and SIN - DPS flights however get the error message saying:
"We are unable to process your online check-in at the moment as the first flight in your itinerary is operated by a partner airline. For flights operated by partner airlines, check in via their website or their check-in counters at the airport. (Error Code: C4011)"

1) Will the Oman agents in MCT be able to help / check in / print my SQ boarding passes?
2) If not, is there an SQ transfer desk at BKK such that I do not have to exit and go through immigration / customs and check in at the regular desks?

Only concerned as my layover in BKK is on the shorter side so do not want to misconnect.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 10:28 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
You'll probably have experienced this already as you may be travelling while I'm typing this. I don't know if WY agents can check you in for SQ, I would rather doubt that. They can check your luggage through of course.

This issue with online check in when there is a OAL in front of the SQ flight(s) is nothing new unfortunately. I had this even with LH flights prior to SQ ones (all one PNR, e.g. tix issued by LH) and I had to check in at the airport / or get my BP at the gate (or a transfer desk).

I'll have an itinerary next year that is SQ-LH-LH-SQ and there is a gap of a week or so between the last LH and SQ flights. I'm hoping that the gap may be enough for SQ check in function to assume that I have flown the prior LH segment and allow me to do OLCI then, but to be seen. For a "through" connection with OAL prior to SQ, it never worked for me. YMMV.
Old Oct 26, 2023, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by demue
You'll probably have experienced this already as you may be travelling while I'm typing this. I don't know if WY agents can check you in for SQ, I would rather doubt that. They can check your luggage through of course.

This issue with online check in when there is a OAL in front of the SQ flight(s) is nothing new unfortunately. I had this even with LH flights prior to SQ ones (all one PNR, e.g. tix issued by LH) and I had to check in at the airport / or get my BP at the gate (or a transfer desk).

I'll have an itinerary next year that is SQ-LH-LH-SQ and there is a gap of a week or so between the last LH and SQ flights. I'm hoping that the gap may be enough for SQ check in function to assume that I have flown the prior LH segment and allow me to do OLCI then, but to be seen. For a "through" connection with OAL prior to SQ, it never worked for me. YMMV.
Is checking in at the gate possible? I thought check in closes before agents arrive at the gate before boarding.

Flying later this afternoon so will see how it goes. Will try with Oman desk in MCT but also doubt they'll be able to check me in / print BP's.
If that doesn't work then on arrival I will try at the SQ lounge in BKK.
And failing that, will race out through customs / immigration and to a standard check in desk...
Old Oct 27, 2023, 5:01 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
I am pretty sure I recall SQ having a presence at the BKK transfer desks.

Ideally should have asked the question in the thread title to flag to those who might know ( such as "Check-in issue: SQ transit counter at BKK?" )
CanadianMike likes this.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lokijuh
I am pretty sure I recall SQ having a presence at the BKK transfer desks.

Ideally should have asked the question in the thread title to flag to those who might know ( such as "Check-in issue: SQ transit counter at BKK?" )
Couldn't find much info on Google re: an SQ presence but appreciate the datapoint, will go find out!
And good tip about the title... next time.
Old Oct 27, 2023, 9:42 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Definitely try the transfer desk, BKk immigration can take ages these days, both out and back in. Hope it works out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.