Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Getting 4% refund from ticket value from a Business Flexi ticket only?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2023, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG

I have a Business Flexi ticket of around 3.5K. Having to cancel it around 2 weeks before the first flight I'm being quotes to only receive a refund of 142 SGD?
What's the point, except a complimentary change, of booking business flexi then? I was under the assumption the ticket is refundable minus the quoted Cancellation Fee (130 SGD) in the fare rules?

Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:11 am

HUCA. You should receive ~3.4k. It is probably the cancelation fee inclusive of taxes and fees at $140
AAtticus likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 9:02 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Agree, the response from the first agent (OP called right?) seems entirely off the mark unless there is some communication mishap. The fare should be fully refundable minus the 130$. Along those lines.
AAtticus likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Is the return segment also a flexible fare or a lite fare in D class?
Old Aug 30, 2023, 11:25 pm

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by SMK77
I think there is a little rule stating in a mixed fare class tickets the more restrictive rules will apply to the whole trip.
bent likes this.
Old Aug 30, 2023, 11:26 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by SMK77
Ahh, that is a very good point. Totally slipped my mind, for mixed fare bookings the most restrictive fare conditions apply to all segments. So say a J & D combo fare all segments / the entire ticket will subject to D fare conditions and then only taxes and some fees would be due.
bent likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 12:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: QRPC Platinum, KFEG
Ok, I think this is the case. One leg is D and one leg is Z...
They should put this more clearly as even in the booking email the only the "summary of fare rules" is as posted above, nothing mentioned of the most restrictive class...
onlySIA likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2023, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by AAtticus
Ok, I think this is the case. One leg is D and one leg is Z...
They should put this more clearly as even in the booking email the only the "summary of fare rules" is as posted above, nothing mentioned of the most restrictive class...
it is stated under the trip summary. But whether people go and read is another matter.
Guess 99.9999% of the paxes does not read.

SilverChris likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.