Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Changi First Class Check In if Transferring

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2023, 10:27 pm
Original Poster

Hi everyone, I have a short flight from Thailand to Singapore on Scoot Sunday morning and then I'm flying in Singapore suites to Melbourne that night. I fly into terminal 1 and since it's separate tickets I definitely need to collect and recheck my luggage. Can I somehow get to/use the first class check in at terminal 3 if I'm already at the airport? I imagine a taxi driver won't want to drive me from one terminal to another. Also how early can I check in there and drop my bags? I have 12 hours between flights and would like to enjoy the Private Room for a substantial part of that, but maybe also check out the Jewel. Thanks!
Old Aug 16, 2023, 11:55 pm

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by nivekious
Hi everyone, I have a short flight from Thailand to Singapore on Scoot Sunday morning and then I'm flying in Singapore suites to Melbourne that night. I fly into terminal 1 and since it's separate tickets I definitely need to collect and recheck my luggage. Can I somehow get to/use the first class check in at terminal 3 if I'm already at the airport? I imagine a taxi driver won't want to drive me from one terminal to another. Also how early can I check in there and drop my bags? I have 12 hours between flights and would like to enjoy the Private Room for a substantial part of that, but maybe also check out the Jewel. Thanks!
You can transfer to T3 on Skytrain, and then walk across the length of T3 to use the First Class check in area there.

However if you want to visit Jewel, don't bother with First Class check in T3. Simply come out of T1 arrivals follow the signs to Jewel (it's a very short walk) and then turn left and you will find the early check in area, it's on the same level as T1 arrivals. You will be able to check in for your onward SQ flight there.. You can then explore Jewel for as long as you want, before taking the walking bridge (lots of travellators) across to T3. Continue all the way along the length of T3 to the First Class immigration area, then after clearing immigration you can cross the concourse and up the escalator to the lounge complex.

Jewel early check in details here: https://www.changiairport.com/en/air...in-online.html
sydunipete and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:29 am

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
Yes. I've done this before HKG-SIN-SYD in First / Suites. I wanted to visit the dedicated first class checkin at SIN for the full experience. Once you collect your bags just take the skytrain to T3 and away you go.

The location is described here : https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/b...class-checkin/

However if you have 12 hours to kill the Jewel early checkin sounds like a better idea then find your way to T3 and enter the terminal through the dedicated first check in area.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 3:19 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
I am not sure the ‘special’ First class checkin room at T3 is worth the trouble. It’s actually not designed for transfer so you sort of have to walk all the way to the end of T3 and then u have to walk outside to reach the driveway to get there. Nothing too special there, got sofa for u to wait and you can checkin while sitting down (they used to serve you drink there but I haven’t seen it for quite a while) plus your own dedicated first class immigration lane (it’s not really a problem in Singapore as there’s usually not much a immigration line even for the plebs lol). That’s pretty much it. Not sure how much luggage u got, think u are better off just store your luggage at t1, go the jewels, then pick up your luggage and check in at t3 and go to private room after that.

Last edited by williamluk; Aug 17, 2023 at 3:24 am
Old Aug 17, 2023, 10:09 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by williamluk
Not sure how much luggage u got, think u are better off just store your luggage at t1, go the jewels, then pick up your luggage and check in at t3 and go to private room after that.
The OP could just use early check-in at the Jewel rather than pay for baggage storage. When they're ready to head airside, they can still swing by the T3 F check-in area.
sydunipete likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 10:42 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by nivekious
The terminals are closely connected by free shuttle buses or trains, both landside and airside. There's a small first-class section/terminal at T3 dedicated to SQ F passengers, and it offers priority border control services within that section. I believe the JEWEL's check-in center allows check-in more than 24 hours in advance. I'm not certain about the SQ F section, but it should be fine since SIN is a 24-hour airport, and you're certainly not the first to want to spend the maximum time in the Private Room.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 2:41 pm

Programs: 100000 mile flyer
Earlier this year I arrived 20 FEB at 14:15 from SYD and flew out 22 FEB at 09:20 to LAX on SQ 12 in F.
I asked if I could check in for the LAX flight at the the SQ First Class Terminal in T3.
I was pleasantly surprised when they said YES, and tagged my luggage to LAX and issued my boarding pass.
This was about 40 hours before my flight!
So I had just my carry on for a 2 day stay in Singapore baggage free.
aramis78 likes this.
Old Aug 17, 2023, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by luv2fly1st
Earlier this year I arrived 20 FEB at 14:15 from SYD and flew out 22 FEB at 09:20 to LAX on SQ 12 in F.
I asked if I could check in for the LAX flight at the the SQ First Class Terminal in T3.
I was pleasantly surprised when they said YES, and tagged my luggage to LAX and issued my boarding pass.
This was about 40 hours before my flight!
So I had just my carry on for a 2 day stay in Singapore baggage free.
thats a documented feature (even before covid) - SQ accepts up to 48hour baggage checkin at SIN

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...port-check-in/

Counter check-in
If you are departing from Singapore Changi Airport, you can check in at our counters up to 48 hours in advance and spend some time exploring one of the world's most awarded airports. The check-in counters will close 40 minutes before your flight departs—however, we recommend arriving three hours early, especially if you have baggage to check in.
aramis78 likes this.
Old Aug 18, 2023, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everybody, I'll probably use the Jewel check in
SMK77 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.