Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Newark connection from Air Canada to Singapore Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2023, 9:32 am
Original Poster

Looking for some advice for a newark connection from air canada to singapore airlines booked on a single ticket.

We will be flying from Pearson, to Newark , to singapore and then on to bali, on a single ticket booked through singapore airlines. The leg from toronto to Newark is through partner airline air canada.

We have a two hour layover in newark on a saturday morning, and will need to get from terminal A to Terminal B. I now read that we may have to get our bags, leave a secure area and transfer to another terminal which is concerning. Singapore airlines seems to think this is a doable connection when I ask.

Does anyone have any advice? Will i be able to check my bag straight through? Any insight on connecting from Terminal A to B in newark? We could try and travel with only carry ons but it will be difficult to keep it under the 7kg weight limit.

Thanks
Old Aug 16, 2023, 9:38 am

Others should chime in here who may have more recent experience and are more familiar with how EWR's airside / landside areas are configured as I no longer remember: https://www.newarkairport.com/at-airport/airport-maps.

When I did this (YYZEWR and EWRSIN on separate tickets), I was able to through check my bags from YYZ to SIN and I witnessed my bag being offloaded from the AC aircraft in EWR. However, the incompetent idiots at UA (ground handler for AC I think) sent my bags to SAV instead of SIN.

Looking at the map, you would have to exit Terminal A anyway so if it was me, I would be collecting my bags off the AC flight (presumably a small aircraft and not many bags to have to potentially wait for) and then run to the air train to check-in at Terminal B.

Do note that SQ's EWR check-in closes 60 minutes before departure: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...port-check-in/.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Canada has pre-clearance, so no custom to clear in US. Bags should be checked through - and then you can take the air train from A to B (a bit of a walk from new terminal A) or maybe take the free parking shuttle which stops at all terminals and then goes to long term parking.
Old Aug 16, 2023, 5:16 pm

Echoing another post, I would invest the 25 USD in an AirTag so you can tell if the “world-class” EWR ramp staff have decided to work that morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.