Any way to upgrade J to F award booking?

Old Aug 8, 2023, 6:55 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LAX
Programs: DL, UA
Posts: 420
Any way to upgrade J to F award booking?

I have an existing award booking from SYD-SIN-PNH. Obviously F is only available on the SYD-SIN leg and currently booked on the 07:55 (777, not suites) flight in J. F is completely open and there are award seats in F available when searching SYD-SIN one way. Is there any way to upgrade to the F award and keep J from SIN-PNH?

Last edited by nw6338; Aug 8, 2023 at 11:16 pm
nw6338 is offline  
Old Aug 8, 2023, 11:47 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SIN
Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Posts: 973
Not with miles.

With cash it may be possible. I hear the going rate at the airport isnt bad.
NetJets Germany is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2023, 4:41 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Posts: 3,561
Originally Posted by nw6338
I have an existing award booking from SYD-SIN-PNH. Obviously F is only available on the SYD-SIN leg and currently booked on the 07:55 (777, not suites) flight in J. F is completely open and there are award seats in F available when searching SYD-SIN one way. Is there any way to upgrade to the F award and keep J from SIN-PNH?
You can call Krisflyer and change your award to an F award all the way to PNH. They will charge you the difference and you fly Biz to PNH.
SMK77 is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2023, 7:16 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: YVR, KUL
Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Posts: 2,869
As mentioned above, this would be a change rather than an upgrade. Be sure to use the right terminology when calling KF.
SilverChris is offline  
Old Aug 9, 2023, 11:07 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LAX
Programs: DL, UA
Posts: 420
Originally Posted by NetJets Germany
Not with miles.

With cash it may be possible. I hear the going rate at the airport isnt bad.
Any idea what going rate is? I figure it is dynamic pricing but just curious.
nw6338 is offline  
Old Aug 10, 2023, 3:30 pm
  #6  
THR
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 808
Originally Posted by nw6338
Any idea what going rate is? I figure it is dynamic pricing but just curious.
Its not dynamic, its either Saver or Advantage level.
THR is offline  
Old Aug 10, 2023, 7:59 pm
  #7  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Posts: 3,561
Originally Posted by THR
Its not dynamic, its either Saver or Advantage level.
"The going rate" was meant for the price of the cash upgrade. While mySQUpgrade seems to be a fixed pricing, the check-in upgrade pricing sometime differs a lot.
SMK77 is offline  
Old Aug 10, 2023, 9:13 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: SIN
Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Posts: 973
Originally Posted by nw6338
Any idea what going rate is? I figure it is dynamic pricing but just curious.
upgrade at check-in for SYD-SIN SQ222 for D class - 1100 AUD
NetJets Germany is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.