Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1F is the Best Suite on A380 (Not 1A).

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2023, 2:33 am
Original Poster

1F is the Best Suite on A380 (Not 1A).

Did my first and longest Suites on SQ25 JFK-FRA-SIN on April 27.
Got 1F as 1A is taken. And found out that i actually prefer 1F due to window alignment (see attached pic).

The Onboard meals is standard. BTC was not loaded on both sectors. Service on FRA-SIN below average for Suites standard as Leading Stewardess [mod redaction of name] had confirmed my BTC selection, but to give it away to other pax 15 minutes later. She has also insisted to open the Suites door the entire time during meal service despite me closing the door myself twice. [She] should have taken into consideration that this is Suites design flaw, plus it is awkward to be looking at your neighbours. Thus it is best to keep the door closed the entire time after take off/landing. Not just for her convenience sake.

The Positives are the hard products. The amount of space you get on an airplane. The ability to walk around your Suites is appreciated! You could even bring a yoga mat and do some stretches when the bed is folded away. The bed is indeed very hard (and i like hard bedding). Could use a mattress topper if SQ is generous enough?! Bed width is decent.

The Negatives are not a full length divider. A little noisy. You could hear a lot going on. Light pollution.

1F is the best seat due to proper window alignment. You could easily look out the window.

1A has off window alignment. You have to tilt your entire body to only get some partial view.
AndDee likes this.

Last edited by NWIFlyer; May 2, 2023 at 5:57 am Reason: React name of crew per privacy policy.
Old May 2, 2023, 4:14 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
You should remove the name of the cabin crew. Absolutely no reason to provide this person's name.
Old May 2, 2023, 4:03 pm

Sorry about your terrible experience. It’s quite a contrast to every YouTube video review I’ve seen. I think it was exacerbated by the FA being difficult - they usually seem so agreeable and flexible.

Regarding 1A having bad window alignment - is this just for takeoff and landing? Because the seat does swivel around, so you wouldn’t have to crane your neck the whole flight, and I assume you can also move your body in the seat, so you don’t necessarily have to be in this uncomfortable position.

I thought of choosing 1F but read on this forum that there is a risk of being moved if another passenger needs the bassinet. I’m not sure how accurate that is, but wouldn’t want to risk being moved to one of the smaller suites so I’ve chosen 1A for my flight.

The alignment couldn’t be worse than the A380 business class where part of the window is completely blocked by the chair shell, and I made it work for me in any case by shifting in my seat.

Old May 2, 2023, 8:47 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by Dozbez
I thought of choosing 1F but read on this forum that there is a risk of being moved if another passenger needs the bassinet. I’m not sure how accurate that is, but wouldn’t want to risk being moved to one of the smaller suites so I’ve chosen 1A for my flight.
The bassinet issue potential is the exact reason I also chose 1A for an upcoming flight. Not sure what the probability is of getting moved if you have 1F, but decided against it and I have 1A and 2A booked. My plan is to watch the seat selections and then switch to 1F/2F the day of the flight if both 1F/2F are open..... my recollection from reviewing many SQ A380 Suites online videos is that something just told me 1F/2F is a marginally better choice if both are available.
Dozbez likes this.
Old May 2, 2023, 10:40 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Originally Posted by Brostman
The bassinet issue potential is the exact reason I also chose 1A for an upcoming flight. Not sure what the probability is of getting moved if you have 1F, but decided against it and I have 1A and 2A booked. My plan is to watch the seat selections and then switch to 1F/2F the day of the flight if both 1F/2F are open..... my recollection from reviewing many SQ A380 Suites online videos is that something just told me 1F/2F is a marginally better choice if both are available.
In my experience, I can’t say shifting happens with high prob (this means the chance of being shifted is not zero), but nonetheless a risk I would happily take.
Old May 3, 2023, 6:55 am

I had 1f and 2f combined to myself JFK-FRA and had a fantastic FA. Was fun to have work up on one screen and entertainment on the other while lounging on a double bed. Not sure I would have enjoyed it nearly as much in a single suite. The single bed seems like it would be real narrow and shoves you up against a wall. Food wasn’t as good as NH/JL imo but still quite good. It is indeed an insane amount of space to dedicate to one person - just wish they had utilized it more intelligently.
Old May 3, 2023, 9:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Regarding 1A having bad window alignment - is this just for takeoff and landing? Because the seat does swivel around, so you wouldn’t have to crane your neck the whole flight, and I assume you can also move your body in the seat, so you don’t necessarily have to be in this uncomfortable position.
The misalignment is even worse when you swivel around and recline for 1A, so 1F is the best choice. Having said that, both 1A and 1F are the only suites that allow you to fly backwards and fully recline. That's not possible for rows 2 and 3 where you can only recline fully in TV mode halfway facing the aisle. So 1A is still a much better choice over any seat in rows 2 and 3.
Dozbez likes this.
Old May 3, 2023, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
The misalignment is even worse when you swivel around and recline for 1A, so 1F is the best choice. Having said that, both 1A and 1F are the only suites that allow you to fly backwards and fully recline. That's not possible for rows 2 and 3 where you can only recline fully in TV mode halfway facing the aisle. So 1A is still a much better choice over any seat in rows 2 and 3.
righty then… I have changed to 1F 😅
fingers crossed I don’t get moved!

While I’m selecting seats, the return flight is on the b777 - I’ve selected 1A. Anything I should know about this seat that might make me want to switch?

Old May 3, 2023, 11:42 pm

righty then… I have changed to 1F 😅
fingers crossed I don’t get moved!

While I’m selecting seats, the return flight is on the b777 - I’ve selected 1A. Anything I should know about this seat that might make me want to switch?

Nothing really. It is a nice seat. You may wish to choose middle pair if you are travelling with a companion.
Dozbez likes this.
Old May 4, 2023, 6:04 am

Programs: Krisflyer
I was moved from 1F because of a parent with infant. Luckily 1A was still available, but I wouldn't take the risk in future in case I ended up in row 3.

Sorry to hear you had a bad crew. My last Suites trip was quite disappointing; crew only provided drink refills on request (SIN-LHR so plenty of opportunities). Second meal served so close to landing that they didn't have time to serve coffee etc. at the end. I assume they were new and inexperienced, but nevertheless it detracted from my enjoyment.
Old May 4, 2023, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by onlySIA
I was moved from 1F because of a parent with infant. Luckily 1A was still available, but I wouldn't take the risk in future in case I ended up in row 3.

Sorry to hear you had a bad crew. My last Suites trip was quite disappointing; crew only provided drink refills on request (SIN-LHR so plenty of opportunities). Second meal served so close to landing that they didn't have time to serve coffee etc. at the end. I assume they were new and inexperienced, but nevertheless it detracted from my enjoyment.
what was the route you flew where you had to be moved? I’m quite worried now that I’ll be moved but what are the chances that of the other 5 suites, it will be someone with an infant. I imagine it’s uncommon for parents with babies to fly in suites .. or am I being naive?
Old May 4, 2023, 6:59 am

what was the route you flew where you had to be moved? I’m quite worried now that I’ll be moved but what are the chances that of the other 5 suites, it will be someone with an infant. I imagine it’s uncommon for parents with babies to fly in suites .. or am I being naive?
As I said, there is a non-zero chance that you might encounter kids. I don’t encounter kids normally but it can always happen.

That being said, I have never been moved in all my Suites flights.

Your call how anxious you are about this to not want to risk this.
Old May 4, 2023, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by RayG
As I said, there is a non-zero chance that you might encounter kids. I don’t encounter kids normally but it can always happen.

That being said, I have never been moved in all my Suites flights.

Your call how anxious you are about this to not want to risk this.
I appreciate your insights

I decided to go with my gut and changed it back to 1A 😂 I’m paying so much for this flight and don’t want to worry about potentially being moved.
Old May 4, 2023, 10:39 am

Programs: Mileage Plus
I appreciate your insights

I decided to go with my gut and changed it back to 1A 😂 I’m paying so much for this flight and don’t want to worry about potentially being moved.
Not to add to your uncertainty, but I think that, as RayG, points out, that the probability of being moved is very low but just isn't zero. I think that the route you are on, and the specific time will have a bearing on how low the probability is... for example, departing or arriving SIN around CNY or around the beginning/ending of historical vacation travel time for residents of Singapore might increase the probability by some amount. IMHO is to stay with 1A to be certain of your seat assignment, and if 1F is still open a few days before your flight, then maybe consider grabbing 1F. And if this is your first flight in Suites, I can't imagine you'd be disappointed in any Suite. Now your other potential situation is if you are traveling solo and have either 1A or 1F, that a couple traveling together but are in some combination of suites other than 1F/2F or 1A/2A, and they ask the FA to try to move you so they can enjoy a combined Suite.
Old May 4, 2023, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Brostman
Not to add to your uncertainty, but I think that, as RayG, points out, that the probability of being moved is very low but just isn't zero. I think that the route you are on, and the specific time will have a bearing on how low the probability is... for example, departing or arriving SIN around CNY or around the beginning/ending of historical vacation travel time for residents of Singapore might increase the probability by some amount. IMHO is to stay with 1A to be certain of your seat assignment, and if 1F is still open a few days before your flight, then maybe consider grabbing 1F. And if this is your first flight in Suites, I can't imagine you'd be disappointed in any Suite. Now your other potential situation is if you are traveling solo and have either 1A or 1F, that a couple traveling together but are in some combination of suites other than 1F/2F or 1A/2A, and they ask the FA to try to move you so they can enjoy a combined Suite.
i considered the possibility of being asked to move so my suite can be allocated to a couple but unlike the bassinet that is really necessary, a double suite is not guaranteed for couples and I shouldn’t be required to move. If I was asked to move I would refuse. Sorry! Got to get in early!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.