Wiki Posts
Search

IAH-MAN Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2023, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond HH, Gold Marriott, UA "Plebe"
IAH-MAN Business Class

I will be flying IAH-MAN in May in Business class. Any recent flight reviews? Has SQ resumed preorder menu?
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:49 am

I flew IAH-MAN in November 2022.
The flight was fairly decent with two hot meal services - hot dinner after takeoff and hot breakfast prior to arrival.
Check-in was the weakest part of the journey but was pretty decent for an out-station. The staffs could be friendlier.

You can use the United Polaris Lounge in Houston, which is definitely a plus. The food and service is way better than SQ's own Silver Kris lounge in Singapore.

The service was fairly good, as the load tended to be on the light side.

There is no Book the Cook service from Houston, which is not surprising given they don't even have a daily flight out from Houston.

Carfield
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2023, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Diamond HH, Gold Marriott, UA "Plebe"
Thank You!
Old Apr 26, 2023, 4:03 pm

Contrary to the official information mentioned on SQ website, IAH checkin opens 4 hours prior to departure. Good for maximising your time at Polaris Lounge with its wide array of buffet and a la carte food. And cocktails! The lounge can get quite busy in the later hours before boarding, with difficulty getting seats.

Interesting point - on my flight back in March, I overheard a passenger say they were flying from Houston to Dallas… via SIN! What a joyride.
Old Apr 27, 2023, 8:06 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Interesting point - on my flight back in March, I overheard a passenger say they were flying from Houston to Dallas… via SIN! What a joyride.
Well, by that logic, my upcoming flight is JFK to EWR via SIN. Of course, there's a couple of weeks of travel around Europe/Asia/Pacific between departure from JFK and arrival at EWR...
Old Apr 27, 2023, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by snic
Well, by that logic, my upcoming flight is JFK to EWR via SIN. Of course, there's a couple of weeks of travel around Europe/Asia/Pacific between departure from JFK and arrival at EWR...
Haha... the person I overheard wasn't "travelling" per se... he was asking what he could do for a few hours, which hawker centres to visit for dinner that night... before flying back!
Old May 15, 2023, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum; Marriott Titanium Elite; Hertz President's Circle
Taking this flight later this month and I have a 4 hour layover before my next flight. Figured I would shower and possibly grab lunch at Old Trafford before my next flight. Has anyone utilized the shower/change facilities in MAN at the Radisson Blu?
Old May 19, 2023, 3:40 pm

Quick update

Was on SQ51 couple of days ago. BTC is in fact available IAH-MAN but not MAN-SIN leg.
As for the much vaunted Lobster Thermidor, it wasn’t offered on the BTC menu. In its place Baked Lobster.

I actually enjoyed that better than the thermidor from a previous flight.
FlyingHoustonian likes this.
Old May 20, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Originally Posted by COMike78
Taking this flight later this month and I have a 4 hour layover before my next flight. Figured I would shower and possibly grab lunch at Old Trafford before my next flight. Has anyone utilized the shower/change facilities in MAN at the Radisson Blu?
Do you mean the football club? It’s not something I would do in a 4 hour layover from the airport! Just curious whether that’s what you mean?
Old May 21, 2023, 7:38 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum; Marriott Titanium Elite; Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Freetotravel
Do you mean the football club? It’s not something I would do in a 4 hour layover from the airport! Just curious whether that’s what you mean?
That is correct. I was thinking of lunch at the Red Cafe and the gift shop if there is time - but I recollect that the security queues at MAN tend to be quite terrible on the weekends (particularly T3). Do you think getting from MAN to the Old Trafford stadium and back in ~3 hours is a bit too ambitious in your opinion?
Old May 21, 2023, 10:38 am

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond; UA/*A
Originally Posted by COMike78
That is correct. I was thinking of lunch at the Red Cafe and the gift shop if there is time - but I recollect that the security queues at MAN tend to be quite terrible on the weekends (particularly T3). Do you think getting from MAN to the Old Trafford stadium and back in ~3 hours is a bit too ambitious in your opinion?
Well, it’s something I wouldn’t consider doing but then I hate rushing!!

I just looked up the details. It’s about 9 miles and assuming no traffic (such as Sunday evening) you could get there by cab in 15 minutes, not as long as I would have guessed. Most of the journey is on the freeway. Maybe you could check driving times the day you arrive and decide then.

But yes it would be way too ambitious for me! I would prefer the shower then breakfast or lunch at the hotel or in the lounge option.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 2:29 pm

Is it better to just eat at the Polaris lounge and head to sleep when boarding or will I be missing out? I've never flown SQ.

Does this flight tend to run on time? I'm connecting to an Easy Jet flight from MAN to ATH five hours later -- talk about a contrast!

I also think there is a gym at the Raddison Blue I may check out on the layover, assuming I could check my Easyjet luggage before the stated 2 hour time.
Old Sep 22, 2023, 5:08 pm

Originally Posted by stravelslots
Is it better to just eat at the Polaris lounge and head to sleep when boarding or will I be missing out? I've never flown SQ.
In theory, yes. Nicer food, lots of creative cocktails, in Polaris.

You can decide closer to your departure date by checking what's served onboard: https://inflightmenu.singaporeair.com/home

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.