Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN CGK Award Rebooking Availability

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2023, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

SIN CGK Award Rebooking Availability

Edit: SIN CGK is stopover/leftover tickets part of Europe long haul. Issued prior August 2022. Booked in "I".
Really hope this is now very clear

Anyone shuttling between SIN CGK could shed some data point on SQ award rebooking availability?

I got few SIN CGK bookings that i need to change. But can not seem to find any availability within these 3 months to change to flights to (high season excluded). And there is no way to check on the rebooking space on our own - Thanks to SQ "World Class" IT capability.

Was told by call centre and live chat that rebooking slot is different than fresh booking. This information is nothing new but unsure if this is true/credible? Judging by the quality of the outstation Customer Service based in Philippines etc. It is hard to be convinced.

I have been flying (and no problem) on low cost airlines on this short haul. But have got few award bookings that i have paid for but unable to use those flights. And in near to expiring.

Last edited by terbangalways; Mar 30, 2023 at 4:56 am Reason: to include "stopover tickets" for clarity
Old Mar 27, 2023, 3:56 am

Your booking is economy saver ? Or business saver?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 6:45 am
Original Poster

I - biz saver.

If SQ is feeling generous, it's usually SQ950 that leaves at ungodly hour!
Do you know how do we search and authenticate the rebooking award space?
Instead of he say, she say...
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Your booking is economy saver ? Or business saver?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by terbangalways
I - biz saver.

If SQ is feeling generous, it's usually SQ950 that leaves at ungodly hour!
Do you know how do we search and authenticate the rebooking award space?
Instead of he say, she say...
it is the same award space. If you found saver award on the date u want, you should be able to change to it.

not sure why they are claiming different award space.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 9:31 am
formerly rt23456p

Find a flight on a new award search, then call the center?
Old Mar 27, 2023, 6:48 pm
Original Poster

Hope my original question/answer below explains why searching for NEW space (CS claimed) is not the same inventory...
Was told by call centre and live chat that rebooking slot is different than fresh booking. This information is nothing new but unsure if this is true/credible?

it is the same award space. If you found saver award on the date u want, you should be able to change to it. not sure why they are claiming different award space.
Originally Posted by rt23456p
Find a flight on a new award search, then call the center?
Originally Posted by terbangalways
Was told by call centre and live chat that rebooking slot is different than fresh booking. This information is nothing new but unsure if this is true/credible? Judging by the quality of the outstation Customer Service based in Philippines etc. It is hard to be convinced.
Old Mar 27, 2023, 7:02 pm

You can’t change it online ?

The CS is definitely wrong
Old Mar 27, 2023, 11:23 pm
Original Poster

the "change flights" option is disabled.
otherwise it would be a breeze.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 1:12 am
formerly rt23456p

.... Why even bother to book with SQ for SQ short-haul? Better grab some Aeroplan/Avianca with promos and book through that method.
Old Mar 28, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
.... Why even bother to book with SQ for SQ short-haul? Better grab some Aeroplan/Avianca with promos and book through that method.
If it is booked in combination with a longhaul it may make sense as the redemption would cost the same, e.g. CGK-SIN-FRA is same than SIN-FRA in miles. Standalone it may not be the best option depending on the individual situation and needs
Old Mar 29, 2023, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Yes. As @demue stated. All these flights are part of europe legs.

I don’t mind to forgo all of them. But they are still a chunk of SGD 62 taxes per tickets left unused.

Originally Posted by demue
If it is booked in combination with a longhaul it may make sense as the redemption would cost the same, e.g. CGK-SIN-FRA is same than SIN-FRA in miles. Standalone it may not be the best option depending on the individual situation and needs
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:00 pm

because your original itin was say FRA-SIN-CGK and you had flown FRA-SIN and now want to change SIN-CGK, the inventory availability for SIN-CGK could as part of re-booking could be different from the SIN-CGK standalone.

Point of Sale (POS) concept as the original itinerary was booked using POS Germany and the fresh standalone is looking at POS Singapore inventory. So technically CSO may not be wrong.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

I completely understand this logic. Inventory or POS etc.

But what I don’t understand is… why is there no way to check on this rebooking space on SQ own website?

I believe this is a simple solution that SQ IT needs to make it available.

Originally Posted by bent
because your original itin was say FRA-SIN-CGK and you had flown FRA-SIN and now want to change SIN-CGK, the inventory availability for SIN-CGK could as part of re-booking could be different from the SIN-CGK standalone.

Point of Sale (POS) concept as the original itinerary was booked using POS Germany and the fresh standalone is looking at POS Singapore inventory. So technically CSO may not be wrong.
Old Mar 29, 2023, 8:23 pm

So all these are advantage award with stopover in Singapore ?

edit: just saw the earlier post that you mention that it is saver award.

So it seem like you can’t change the date at all?

As right now SQ have disallow stopover on saver award. So there is no way to check the rebooking space at all.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Correct effective August 2022 no stopover.
However all these CGK tag on flights were issued prior to July 2022 - where I saver is allowed to have 1 stopover up to 1 year.
I'll drop by ION when i'm in Singapore to ask.

So it seem like you can’t change the date at all?
As right now SQ have disallow stopover on saver award. So there is no way to check the rebooking space at all.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.