Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Star Alliance Gold Benefits (*G) on SQ

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Star Alliance Gold Benefits (*G) on SQ

I am sure there must be a thread on this, but could not find it.

*G from UA. Considering a paid trip on SQ Y. I see three choices including 'value', 'standard', and 'flexi'.

Are there any restrictions, especially with regards to baggage allowance (two checked bags), by booking the 'value' fare? (I know with SK and I think with LH, there are restrictions with the lower fares.)

Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2023, 11:35 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
*G benefits apply regardless of fare brand.
lamphs likes this.
Old Jan 30, 2023, 2:16 pm

in terms of SK and LH - you get those baggage allowance restrictions if you buy a seat only fare and you won't be able to use the *G extra baggage allowance.
lamphs likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2023, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Back again. I was unable to add my UA # via SQ's website - edit passenger details. I called the reservations # and the rep was able to do it. He had me logout and log back in to ensure the reservation was updated. It was - had my name, UA#, and 'Star Alliance Gold'. I had forgotten to download the reservation details, logged back in. While my name and UA # remain, the 'Star Alliance Gold' reference is now missing. Should I be concerned? Or just deal with it at the airport? Thanks and safe travels!
Old Feb 19, 2023, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lamphs
Back again. I was unable to add my UA # via SQ's website - edit passenger details. I called the reservations # and the rep was able to do it. He had me logout and log back in to ensure the reservation was updated. It was - had my name, UA#, and 'Star Alliance Gold'. I had forgotten to download the reservation details, logged back in. While my name and UA # remain, the 'Star Alliance Gold' reference is now missing. Should I be concerned? Or just deal with it at the airport? Thanks and safe travels!
Here is the answer to my own question, in a sense. When I checked-in to check bags at MNL, the SQ agent had no record of my UA # (so no immediate recognition of *G). She kindly added it back in and I was good to go. I mention this because if you aren't checking bags and have status on another *A airline, you may discover that your status is not applied to your SQ ticket. (This ticket was booked direct with SQ.)

In addition, being a short flight, I booked Y. The boarding pass did state UA *G, but still had me in boarding group 6. I asked at the lounge whether or not that was correct. Agent told me that *G, as well as some other SQ statuses, would be called to board after business class.

FYI...
Old May 8, 2023, 8:00 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by lamphs
Here is the answer to my own question, in a sense. When I checked-in to check bags at MNL, the SQ agent had no record of my UA # (so no immediate recognition of *G). She kindly added it back in and I was good to go. I mention this because if you aren't checking bags and have status on another *A airline, you may discover that your status is not applied to your SQ ticket. (This ticket was booked direct with SQ.)

In addition, being a short flight, I booked Y. The boarding pass did state UA *G, but still had me in boarding group 6. I asked at the lounge whether or not that was correct. Agent told me that *G, as well as some other SQ statuses, would be called to board after business class.

FYI...
Did you have free seat selection prior to T-48 including the forward cabin?
Old May 8, 2023, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kq747
I can't answer as my UA # would not stay attached to my reservation and didn't get seats until check-in (but I did have a decent choice of seats on both flights).
kq747 likes this.
Old May 10, 2023, 7:13 am

Programs: UA/Premier 1K, Bonvoy/Titanium
Originally Posted by kq747
As a UA*G, I have not been able to select forward zone or extra legroom seats on a complimentary basis before check in opens at T-48 if on a fare type (e.g. lite, value) that does not allow for this.
kq747 likes this.
Old May 10, 2023, 5:33 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by kohswisscheese
As a UA*G, I have not been able to select forward zone or extra legroom seats on a complimentary basis before check in opens at T-48 if on a fare type (e.g. lite, value) that does not allow for this.
IIRC complimentary seat selection beyond what your fare offers is not offered as a *A Gold benefit on SQ, but rather one that's limited to their own status holders on KrisFlyer.
Old May 11, 2023, 12:19 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
IIRC complimentary seat selection beyond what your fare offers is not offered as a *A Gold benefit on SQ, but rather one that's limited to their own status holders on KrisFlyer.
which is the same how United treats other *A Gold members who would also not get any forward zone seats or complimentary seat selection
Old May 13, 2023, 8:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by roc83
which is the same how United treats other *A Gold members who would also not get any forward zone seats or complimentary seat selection
There's no *G seating benefit. Some carriers may grant one (I've seen AC and NZ referenced), but it's not required under *A rules.
Old May 15, 2023, 2:57 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
What about lounge access as *G (TK Elite)? Flying out of SIN, I will have access to the SQ lounge, but what about flying out of an outstation with a third party lounge (PNH, SQ uses the Plaza Premium; would I have access as *G flying SQ in Y?)?
Old May 15, 2023, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by ffay005
What about lounge access as *G (TK Elite)? Flying out of SIN, I will have access to the SQ lounge, but what about flying out of an outstation with a third party lounge (PNH, SQ uses the Plaza Premium; would I have access as *G flying SQ in Y?)?
Based on what you've shared here, according to the *A Lounge Finder (aka I put in the airport, SQ Y, *G with TK), you can use the Plaza Premium Lounge. Hope this helps!
ffay005 likes this.
Old May 16, 2023, 6:33 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, TK Elite, BT VIP, AA, BA, SK, DL, NT, WB + hotels
Thank you so much, I had no idea such a tool existed!
hardworking21 likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: Air NZ (*GE), ALL Accor (Diamond)
Another question

Not meaning to hijack your thread! However, I’m ANZ Elite (*G) and we are re-locating to London. I’ve booked and paid for J AKL-SIN and F SIN-LHR

May I know the baggage allowance that exists for me, it’s confusing and I intent to try to keep ANZ * G Elite until I move and settle permanently in the UK.

**Update, ignore this I found the answer to my question via., Google

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.