Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using round trips as multi stop

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2023, 4:07 pm
Original Poster

Using round trips as multi stop

Hi all - apologies if this isn’t the right topic category to post this, struggled to find one that suited.
I am flying with an infant for the first time via Singapore airlines from LHR to SYD via Singapore where I’ll stop for a few days, plus stopping on way back too. Normally I booked this as a multi city 4 leg trip, but Singapore airlines website doesn’t allow me to check seating online for a multi city, and getting a bassinet seat is vital for me. Find their customer service agents tricky to deal with but a work around is for me to book 2 return flights which their system allows me to choose seats for. so I’d have one return flight London to Singapore and one for Singapore to London which I’d be using in between. I’m curious if anyone knows if this would ever cause an issue with immigration (I have British and Australian passports). I’m hoping not as I’d have proof of all my onward travel, but want to make sure.

thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2023, 5:01 pm

No issue. Many ppl do that. As long as you can enter Singapore since you mention that you have stopover.
email2markt likes this.
Old Jan 18, 2023, 6:51 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Originally Posted by dilby
Hi all - apologies if this isn’t the right topic category to post this, struggled to find one that suited.
I am flying with an infant for the first time via Singapore airlines from LHR to SYD via Singapore where I’ll stop for a few days, plus stopping on way back too. Normally I booked this as a multi city 4 leg trip, but Singapore airlines website doesn’t allow me to check seating online for a multi city, and getting a bassinet seat is vital for me. Find their customer service agents tricky to deal with but a work around is for me to book 2 return flights which their system allows me to choose seats for. so I’d have one return flight London to Singapore and one for Singapore to London which I’d be using in between. I’m curious if anyone knows if this would ever cause an issue with immigration (I have British and Australian passports). I’m hoping not as I’d have proof of all my onward travel, but want to make sure.

thanks!
Have you been able to book bassinet seats online before? Most airlines block them and only allow you to move to one after calling up and saying "i have a baby".

If you wanted to check the availability before booking then yes, you could search for each of the segments as one-ways and check the seat map. Then call up and book.

No issues having your itinerary as two returns if you prefer to do it that way, the worse than happens is someone at checkin in Australia (for your return trip) asks you if you have a ticket booked to depart Singapore and you can show them your booking.
Old Jan 20, 2023, 4:05 pm

Programs: VA Platinum, SQ Gold, TK Gold, Hhonors Gold, Accor Plus Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Premium
No issue at all. I've used "nested" return flights several times without a problem. Just ensure you leave plenty of time in Singapore (it sounds like you will be doing that anyway).
Old Jan 20, 2023, 4:48 pm

Curiously, won’t nesting two round trips like this increase the cost significantly?
Old Jan 24, 2023, 10:45 pm

Programs: SQ
You can always get a sense of which seats are available by using Expert Flyer. In my experience the SQ site will sometimes not show true bassinet availability but EF does.

When you choose an infant at booking the bassinet seats will become unlocked and you won’t need to call in.

We have done SIN-LHR several times this year and need the double bed setup in J to survive with an infant too big for a bassinet that won’t sleep in her own seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.