Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Redeeming Singapore Airlines KF miles for Alaska air flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2022, 2:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Don't think it matters...

Hello,Me and family have 3 SQ KF accounts.

Account 1 - 25k miles

Account 2 & 3 - 10k miles each.

We live in US West Coast and trying to redeem for Alaska airlines. I get extremely few results for Dec / Jan/ Feb/March/ April and all have elevated mileage charge of 14k miles each way instead of the 8.5k shown in the partner award chart.

Q1- Is there always extrememly less availability for partner awards on SQ?

Q2 - Will calling Alaska help? I am guessing probably no. Asking since SQ chat agent is getting the same info I see online.

Q3 - Any way to merge these 3 accounts to combine the miles. One of the accounts is spouse's so not a child.

First time trying to redeem on SQ and just trying to ensure that my miles don't expire, so seeking advise. Basically hoping for a decent bang for the hard earned BIS miles.

Thank You,
Old Nov 10, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
My understanding is that AS award availability isn't that great. I assume you are speaking with an agent to check availability as I have never seen any availability online. Regarding the 14K miles price, it would appear the agent is applying the *A award price. I would push back on this and point the agent to the online award chart (which was only just update in Aug 2022).

Regarding merging accounts. You can link the child account to one of the adults and transfer the miles (if I have correctly understood the rule - personally I have not done it myself). See this FAQ link for how to do it:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/i...estion-1060264

​​​​​​
Old Nov 10, 2022, 6:59 pm

Programs: Alaska
Mile sharing between spouses is no-no.

kids is possible with recent family account, I did not read the exact details.

AS has little to none Saver awards, even to its own alliance, don’t expect much from AS.

UA releases quite some award seats last minute, can use on UA.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freed0m
Mile sharing between spouses is no-no.

kids is possible with recent family account, I did not read the exact details.

AS has little to none Saver awards, even to its own alliance, don’t expect much from AS.

UA releases quite some award seats last minute, can use on UA.
thank you.. UA last minute maybe tough considering we need to book other things related to the trip.
Old Nov 10, 2022, 8:05 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bpk6h
My understanding is that AS award availability isn't that great. I assume you are speaking with an agent to check availability as I have never seen any availability online. Regarding the 14K miles price, it would appear the agent is applying the *A award price. I would push back on this and point the agent to the online award chart (which was only just update in Aug 2022).

Regarding merging accounts. You can link the child account to one of the adults and transfer the miles (if I have correctly understood the rule - personally I have not done it myself). See this FAQ link for how to do it:
https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/i...estion-1060264

​​​​​​
bummer..will just explore how to use the miles.
Shopping via Kris shop is turning out quite expensive too as they are calculating shipping at more than the item price for shipments to US..maybe will get something delivered to friends in Singapore as a last resort !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.