Wiki Posts
Search

SQ F Suites Booking for Two - Waitlisted

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2022, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, KF
SQ F Suites Booking for Two - Waitlisted

Perhaps you gurus could provide some light on what I've observed when booking OW for F suites on SQ JFK-SIN or SIN-JFK. I'm looking to book for Nov 2023 trip (I know, it's not on SQ's calendar yet) but just tried doing it for Oct 2023 and when I entered 2 pax, all I get are WL Advantage redemptions. If I enter 1 pax, I do get available flights on some dates along with waitlisted ones. So I'm curious to know and what should my approach be to snag 2 F suites. Here's what I thought I could do and let me know if there's any other way to go about booking 2 pax in F suites.
  • Book 1 pax at a time and watch for the date to have another F suite available again - what would be the risk of this approach besides no being able to book the 2nd passenger for the same date?
  • Book 2 WL passengers and hope the booking clears - Last time I tried so hard to call and asked for chasers a few times to no avail. My WL booking ultimately got canceled. Is there a smart way of clearing WL F suites?
Perhaps you could share your experience or tips how to effectively do this. Thank you.
joecool1885 likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 9:11 am

I would book whatever’s available for 1 pax on different days, preferably close by. Then waitlist for 1 more seat on the same day.

If either WL clears, the move the other person to the same day.

If the WL doesn’t clear (high likelihood as there are only 6 Suites seats per flight) then at least you’d both be able to travel to the same destination “around” the same time, albeit on different flights.

My spouse and I are perfectly comfortable at not travelling on the same flight.
DiamondMile and Alawyer like this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 12:41 am

Programs: SQ TPP
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
I would book whatever’s available for 1 pax on different days, preferably close by. Then waitlist for 1 more seat on the same day.

If either WL clears, the move the other person to the same day.

If the WL doesn’t clear (high likelihood as there are only 6 Suites seats per flight) then at least you’d both be able to travel to the same destination “around” the same time, albeit on different flights.
SQ load the new days award seats at 1000 SIN time so look then for the best options.

Given the current loads, F award seats, especially at Saver rates, are almost impossible to get. As mentioned above, I would take the 1 available seat and WL the other. However, the chances of the WL clearing are slim while the current loads are so heavy.

Unfortunately, contacting SQ by any means will not help chasing WL clearances. Even the most senior FF on SQ cannot clear WL bookings.
bent and Alawyer like this.
Old Nov 6, 2022, 1:04 am

SQ now sell a F suite return at US$22000.
and ppl are willing to pay for it.

look at Dec. (JFK-SIN), only 6 days have suite seat available for sale. The rest all sold out.

so if you can get an advantage award now, just grab it. And then waitlist for another advantage award.

Alternatively, you can try book JFK-SIN for one award and then book another award FRA-SIN.

I am not sure whether the award for FRA-SIN will be gone once you have book JFK-SIN.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 9:31 am

I think it's highly unlikely it will be possible, based on actual patterns.
I've entered on 26 WLs on either FRA-JFK or JFK-FRA, from 01/SEP to 16/OCT. I'd only do on days where Advantage was available to book, but Saver was on WL.
Since then, now all days both Saver and Advantage are on WL and, sometimes, there is just Advantage WL. I haven´t seen a single day where Advantage was available, and that's just for one seat (on new days).
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:00 am

I was able to get 2 SIN-JFK Advantage award tickets for July 2023 a couple months back.
I did a search around the time the award tickets were released (8am Singapore time) and was able to search for 2 pax without waitlist and book it.
Stingyguy likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2022, 4:11 pm

Lot's of great options here - if travel demand faces a downturn in 2023 (global recession willing), you'll likely seen a lot more availability open up (just not the traditional ~1 year out). I was booking this amount of timeframe out last year when travel demand was still lower, and saw plenty of first and suites availability even in saver.

Haven't seen this option presented here - but another avenue to explore if suites WL don't clear and you want to be on the same flight: book her in suites (def her, not you) and book yourself in J. If you book early enough you can grab her a the larger row 1 suite and could probably hang out together quite a bit together in the suite (one in chair, one on folded down bed). Assuming the FAs are cool with you entering the suites section to see your wife - may be worth asking around if this strategy has ever been done / is allowed?
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:28 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by natel8484
Lot's of great options here - if travel demand faces a downturn in 2023 (global recession willing), you'll likely seen a lot more availability open up (just not the traditional ~1 year out). I was booking this amount of timeframe out last year when travel demand was still lower, and saw plenty of first and suites availability even in saver.
Yep. I booked Dec last year for 2 people FRA-JFK Suite Saver... taking that flight in a few days.

Now I'm planning my (and wife) SYD-U.S return for Nov 2023. Back in August I resigned myself to the idea that I'd have to pay 605K points for advantage, but since then even those awards have basically gone the way of the Dodo.

The notion of waiting until 2023 to book, hoping for a recession- that ain't shabby, but I'm a super-planner, and it would hurt me to not have a flight secured. Maybe the 1 F, 1 J idea is the way to go. Or find another airline (but I've been waiting SOOOO long to see The Jewel! 😉 )
Old Nov 12, 2022, 12:38 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Jewel ain't worth 605k mls . Good luck with your plan, you are after the ultimate redemption - US to Oz via SIN in Suites.
Old Nov 13, 2022, 9:00 pm

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Originally Posted by AppleLemonLime
I was able to get 2 SIN-JFK Advantage award tickets for July 2023 a couple months back.
I did a search around the time the award tickets were released (8am Singapore time) and was able to search for 2 pax without waitlist and book it.
Curious was this for Suites or the direct flight?
Old Nov 14, 2022, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by bagold
Suites on SQ26 from SIN to JFK via FRA.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by bagold
The direct flight has no F/Suites, only A388 (Suites) or 77W (First) have it. None of the 3 different A359 versions have it. Max Biz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.