Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Aircraft Scheduling – What Goes Into It?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2022, 11:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF

Hi all,

This question has been bugging me for a while, and I'd love some insight into it.

When it comes to SQ285/SQ286, I've seen some of the 777-300ERs operate two sets of these flights, with a break occasionally in between with SYD-SIN, for example.

I've noticed that an aircraft may not always fly straight out of SIN again, it might be one day (at most, two) before it does – maintenance is the most obvious answer, but is that always really the case?

Just what is it that goes into scheduling a particular aircraft for a route?

They obviously don't just pull a random 777 down to fly any given route, though, it would be somewhat amusing if that was the case.

Finally, I notice SQ has the last two characters of the aircraft registration on the nose gear doors, but for the 737s, they have the entire latter half instead.

Is that an internal SQ convention, or some other rule?

Thanks, as always.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.