Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Unable to change flights online - is this usual or not?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2022, 1:52 pm
Original Poster

Is it normal to not be able to change flight bookings online with Singapore Airlines? The change flights option for my flight is greyed out with "Your request cannot be processed. To manage your booking, get in touch with your local Singapore Airlines office.". Tickets are class Y and E.

I'm just hoping to avoid the pain of having to sit on the phone to run through a whole bunch of dates and prices to figure out a change - wondering if this is some sort of technical issue (it's been like this for a few days), or whether it's something specific with my booking? Many thanks
Old Oct 1, 2022, 3:06 pm

This is normal - SQ's systems generally is their downfall and causes way too many calls to their call centres precisely because they can't allow customers to self service. For example,
- when I click on Change Flights on some of my ticketed award bookings, I get a silly message that "MALMS not responding. If making changes to VTL flights, contact SQ" (yes, even though VTL has been defunct for months).
- when I want to add stopover to my roundtrip saver awards, the Add Stopover command is greyed out.

Looks like there's no other option but to endure a call...
Old Oct 1, 2022, 5:21 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
Yes, normal in my experience too. Should be basic functionality but apparently beyond the capability of SQ IT. Fortunately wait times on their phone lines are almost down to zero, or have been the past couple of times I've called, but I feel your pain at the thought of running through multiple options, each with a 5 minute wait while they wait to see what the computer says.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.