Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ Award Availability ZERO in the entire month os September

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2022, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE

Hi. I have enough SQ points to make it from Asia to The US, but for the entire month of September I cannot find a single one way award in business class, not even SIN-Europe or even Intra-Asia. I know travel has picked up but these miles are about to expire! Am I doing something wring or do you all see this as well?
Old Sep 6, 2022, 5:36 am
THR

Originally Posted by aero0729
Hi. I have enough SQ points to make it from Asia to The US, but for the entire month of September I cannot find a single one way award in business class, not even SIN-Europe or even Intra-Asia. I know travel has picked up but these miles are about to expire! Am I doing something wring or do you all see this as well?
Not sure why you are so surprised. Travel is incredibly busy at the moment and you are very late booking.
Ghoulish and SilverChris like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 5:48 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Indeed late in the game for awards this month - we're already a week in! Nevertheless, if you are willing to be flexible there are ways. You'd need to buy yourself a ticket to BKK...and these are open for redemption. No idea when you want to go...but you won't be able to be choosy at this point.

355F1 and Kacee like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 6:58 am
THR

^ Good find
355F1 likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plt /Delta DM/ Marriott Platinum Prem./Hilton Diamond / Hyatt Globalist /Hertz PS / National EE
Originally Posted by THR
^ Good find
yes. Good find. I have to travel between the 14-15 but I may consider the 13th. I have a back up on QR. BKK-DOH-MIA. Last minute used to be the best time to book awards!
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: SPG Plat
I can't even find cash tickets to Europe in J, and if it were available they are like SGD 15k. If you can find any award seat in the next two months, you better take it.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 10:23 am
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Originally Posted by rooivalk
I can't even find cash tickets to Europe in J, and if it were available they are like SGD 15k. If you can find any award seat in the next two months, you better take it.

SQ wants $10,000-$16,000 USD for LAX-BALI for the next few months in J!
Ghoulish and rt23456p like this.
Old Sep 6, 2022, 7:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 355F1
Thank GOD I booked my winter trips to Asia a few weeks ago. Had no idea it would get this bad this fast.
Old Sep 8, 2022, 5:03 am

Programs: SQ:TPPS, Marriott: Titanium
Originally Posted by 355F1
this is just getting crazy, I am trying to get a J ticket to Rome for May next year and already only Biz Flex is available at $8k!! Think I will just fly to FRA (still have saver at 4K+) and get a connecting flight myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.