Wiki Posts
Search

Arrival Lounge / Immigration Question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2022, 4:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Gold
Arrival Lounge / Immigration Question

I'm due to arrive at SIN at 22:00 on a Thursday night, then have a Suites redemption ticket booked for a Saturday flight (i.e. Private Room access is available upon arrival)

Is it possible to spend Thursday in the PR & FCL and then exit through immigration on Friday in order to go to the city and check into a hotel before coming back on Saturday?

Not keen on staying in a dingy hotel on Thursday night, nor am I keen on spending $300-400 on a good hotel if only for a few hours sleep.

Thanks
Old Aug 11, 2022, 4:44 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
What is your arriving flight and cabin of travel? Suites/ First in SQ as well? If not Suites/ F on SQ then no arrival lounge at all as your onward flight is only on Sat and it would not be normal to admit you 2 days in advance of your Suites outbound flight

If you are coming in on SQ Suites / First then you can use TPR / F lounge as arrivals lounge and do as you plan, else I'd say not likely.

Btw, kind of funny that someone with FT handle "Lounge Expert" asks a lounge question .
Old Aug 11, 2022, 5:20 am
Original Poster

Programs: Qatar Gold
[QUOTE=Btw, kind of funny that someone with FT handle "Lounge Expert" asks a lounge question .[/QUOTE]

Haha...a silly name set up many air miles ago when I used to lounge-hop around the place as a silly university student.

Only arriving in SQ business (not First), so won't have that automatic arrival access to PR as you mentioned.

Maybe a naïve assumption on my side, but if an airline is allowing customers check-in 48hours in advance, then surely you are entitled to use whatever benefits comes with your travel class (airport access, fast track, lounges etc.)
rt23456p likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 6:49 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Lounge Expert
Maybe a naïve assumption on my side, but if an airline is allowing customers check-in 48hours in advance, then surely you are entitled to use whatever benefits comes with your travel class (airport access, fast track, lounges etc.)
No, SQ follows *A rules:

Your flight departs on the same day of your visit or latest by 05:00 AM the next morning.
Lounge Expert likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2022, 7:44 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If you'd arrive Fri night and have a flight Sat morning, I have seen SQ accommodating lounge access to F/ TPR the night before, but 2 days in advance not going to happen.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.