Wiki Posts
Search

Any rewards after $100k in PPS?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA LTG, SQ TPPS, CX DMP, AA EXP, Bonvoy LTT, ALL PLT, Hilton DM
Any rewards after $100k in PPS?

I've flown $70k in 5 months and will exceed $100k. I see the rewards only go up to $100k. Anyone have experience what happens if you exceed $100k?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 3:47 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
My understanding is that they revert back to the PPS thresholds at $30k, $40k, $50k and so on.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:21 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by WISEMEN
My understanding is that they revert back to the PPS thresholds at $30k, $40k, $50k and so on.
Up to $500K...if anyone can get that high!​​​
Old Jul 21, 2022, 6:39 pm

Programs: QF Plat (Life Gold), SQ PPS
The number of people in this category is probably small enough that they can deal with them individually rather than as part of a general scheme...possibly there is some unadvertised "mega-elite" recognition?
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
I can confirm that after 100K spend the internal count starts from zero again: I earned multiple "milestones awards" that way.

Officially, SQ does not intend to offer anything beyond 100K.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by SMK77
Officially, SQ does not intend to offer anything beyond 100K.
I've gone well over $100K too...re official offering, this is stated on SQ's website:

PPS Rewards are awarded upon attaining the stipulated PPS Value within the specified qualification period of one membership year. Singapore Airlines will not entertain any request for extension of the qualification period, or waiver of PPS Value to attain PPS Rewards. PPS Rewards are awarded for the first 500,000 PPS Value earned within the specified qualification period of one membership year. Any PPS Value earned in excess of 500,000 PPS Value will not be eligible for PPS Rewards.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 10:57 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Apologies for jumping on this thread with my question but how easy do you find it to use the upgrade awards given how booked flights are these days?

Grateful for any dps! Thanks.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:13 pm

Originally Posted by RayG
Apologies for jumping on this thread with my question but how easy do you find it to use the upgrade awards given how booked flights are these days?

Grateful for any dps! Thanks.
I haven't tried yet! And I have 3 that are expiring end of year (although I just noticed I have the option to extend one for 3 months). I've been waiting as I will need to use them for bookings in 2023 and would like to first see how my year will look before commiting (as cancelling after the expiry would cause me to lose the award).

Personally, I've never had any issues using them as I was always able to find suitable advantage award space.
RayG likes this.
Old Jul 21, 2022, 11:20 pm

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, SQ TPPS, Accor Diamond
Thanks this is helpful. Haven’t figured out yet when to use them also. Just worried it might be too mafan lol
bpk6h likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by bpk6h
I've gone well over $100K too...re official offering, this is stated on SQ's website:

PPS Rewards are awarded upon attaining the stipulated PPS Value within the specified qualification period of one membership year. Singapore Airlines will not entertain any request for extension of the qualification period, or waiver of PPS Value to attain PPS Rewards. PPS Rewards are awarded for the first 500,000 PPS Value earned within the specified qualification period of one membership year. Any PPS Value earned in excess of 500,000 PPS Value will not be eligible for PPS Rewards.
Strange business model. Kinda saying, you've spent enough with us... go fly with another competitor.

I miss the days of BMI (for those who remember it). If you had achieved enough elite points to renew your status for the year, any extra elite points earned are automatically credited as miles! No wonder BA bought over the airline and now the program is defunct...
Old Jul 22, 2022, 4:32 am

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Strange business model. Kinda saying, you've spent enough with us... go fly with another competitor.
Or...have you considered flying private?

I miss the days of BMI (for those who remember it). If you had achieved enough elite points to renew your status for the year, any extra elite points earned are automatically credited as miles! No wonder BA bought over the airline and now the program is defunct...
BMI...never flew them enough but did make use of their midhaul Moscow service for a bit which was much nicer than BA's 757/767 service at the time. But BMI was spillover for me after hitting Gold on BA. This also reminds me of one of my favorites...BMED.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 7:29 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Ohh man, don't get me started on BMI carrotjuice .
​​​​
The airline was very decent, but I'm sure you are talking about Diamond Club - those were the days, up to 625% miles as BD Gold above 55k status miles flying in F. When a paid F trip to / from Asia got you a free F trip Europe - US. The best.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 8:23 am

Used to be my hometown airlines, and used to fly on them at least twice/week.
Have redeemed multiple SQ long haul J + short haul F at J rate with a free stopover at SIN each way.

demue likes this.
Old Jul 23, 2022, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by demue
The airline was very decent, but I'm sure you are talking about Diamond Club
The BMI Diamond Club program was indeed generous. I used to clock all my *A flights to it. And there's no need to fly a said number of BD flights to renew status.

But the BD airline itself was far from decent. I remember booking a bunch of flights with BD because, unlike the European LCCs, they provided in-flight meals. Then two months before we were due to fly, they ditched complimentary meals and replaced with meals for purchase. But they claim that those who had booked before the change was announced were still entitled to complimentary meals onboard. Obviously this was difficult / impractical to implement - because how would a crew be able to identify whether a passenger had made their booking before the change thus should be handed a complimentary meal, but make others who booked after the change pay for their own meals? A messy situation ensued despite what the call centre promised... we were not given complimentary meals so ended up having paid an unnecessary premium over LCCs, yet got only LCC level service onboard.
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Only recall folks saying their Biz cabin / seats on A330s was good back in the day, never flew them short haul, just London - Almaty (Kazakhstan) and back on some leased B757 where I could use my BD Gold upgrade vouchers to fly in some huge recliner type J seat. Not bad, but anyways, well in OT territory here .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.