Wiki Posts
Search

All Suites Redemptions on Waitlist?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2022, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, KF
All Suites Redemptions on Waitlist?

Looking to book Suites for June 2023 travel and all A380 Suites awards are waitlisted. Do you guys see the same?
Old Jul 5, 2022, 7:05 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stingyguy
Looking to book Suites for June 2023 travel and all A380 Suites awards are waitlisted. Do you guys see the same?
​​​​​​Which route? I see more availablity on some than others.
Old Jul 5, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: NZ
I am seeing some Suites availability on the SIN/SYD and SIN/DEL routes in May/June 2023. All at the Advantage redemption rates. What routes are you looking at?
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:53 am

Yes - the whole year pretty much. Availability has become very scarce and SQ is not what it used to be; there has been a huge shift in service and attitude just recently.

I paid a fortune to get into their first class suites, and made sure I was flying on the A380 - and soon after, they switched all the aircraft so I was paying a fortune to fly in what is effectively a business class seat but at double the price. This is a sneaky thing they do. My husband and I were also pushed down into Business after paying for First class and told there would be no refund for the difference and I could cancel the whole flight if I want if I wasn't happy.
This is not the SQ I have come to know over many years of flying. Something has happened there.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:59 am

You can get the rare one on the 777 but not on the A380 - the whole of 2023 is similar and in all classes pretty much. SQ has had a monumental shift to terrible of late from being the best airline in the world. something is going on and it's very disappointing.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by amberlower

You can get the rare one on the 777 but not on the A380 - the whole of 2023 is similar and in all classes pretty much. SQ has had a monumental shift to terrible of late from being the best airline in the world. something is going on and it's very disappointing.
I'm wondering if both this and their really awful customer service has partly been in response to them misjudging what the travel market would be this year, back in 2021. That's when they opened up 2 Saver-level Suites award for almost every flight in 2022 - I assume they opened up a lot of business class availability then too. Now they're probably regretting that decision and backtracking whenever possible, which includes the devaluation, limiting award availability, and as documented here (and as I've personally experienced), doing as little as possible to help award-ticket customers who have cancelled/rescheduled flights.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 4:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, KF
Originally Posted by bpk6h
​​​​​​Which route? I see more availablity on some than others.
I'm talking about JFK-FRA-SIN and SIN-FRA-JFK. I also found that even LHR-SIN and FRA-SIN or SIN-LHR and SIN-FRA are all WL for A380 and only the 777 has Saver Awards as well as Advantage Awards.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 4:51 pm

I'm talking about JFK-FRA-SIN and SIN-FRA-JFK. I also found that even LHR-SIN and FRA-SIN or SIN-LHR and SIN-FRA are all WL for A380 and only the 777 has Saver Awards as well as Advantage Awards.
These are popular routes and they probably reckon they can sell the 6 Suites to cash paying customers. That being so they are not going to give them up for redemption bookings now.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:16 pm

I may get a different view based on my SQ status but I found JFK-FRA, FRA-SIN, LHR-SIN all bookable in Suites on the A380 in June 2023 - although only at Advantage rate. I did not find JFK-FRA-SIN.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by bpk6h
I may get a different view based on my SQ status but I found JFK-FRA, FRA-SIN, LHR-SIN all bookable in Suites on the A380 in June 2023 - although only at Advantage rate. I did not find JFK-FRA-SIN.
I can see:
JFK/FRA 14 and 20 June
FRA/SIN 17, 18 and 22 June
All at Advantage rates / I have no status
As you can see you would need to have a stopover in FRA to get a confirmed booking.
Haven't checked SIN/FRA/JFK but I would suggest breaking it down by sector as above
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:40 pm

Originally Posted by minz56
I can see:
JFK/FRA 14 and 20 June
FRA/SIN 17, 18 and 22 June
All at Advantage rates / I have no status
As you can see you would need to have a stopover in FRA to get a confirmed booking.
Haven't checked SIN/FRA/JFK but I would suggest breaking it down by sector as above
I was surprised to see a number of Saver waitlists available for SQ25 JFK-SIN - although who knows if it would clear. For anyone who wants it, SQ25 on May 17 is available. At any rate, there is availability in the system.
minz56 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:58 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
SIN-DEL around AUG/SEP also has saver awards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.