Community
Wiki Posts
Search

All Partner Flights Route through SIN

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

All Partner Flights Route through SIN

Does SQ allow booking awards on multiple *A partners on a single one-way flight? Website won't price a SFO-LHR-OSL itinerary with SFO-LHR (UA) + LHR-OSL (SK), even though it does show awards available on the individual segments. Phone agents are claiming not available or that I must fly SQ on one of those segments. When I asked them search flights for LHR-OSL, they're giving me routings for LHR-SIN + SIN-OSL?

Do I need to HUCA or is there a weird rule I'm unaware of that blocks this itinerary?

Last edited by cbrmanf4; Jun 15, 2022 at 3:10 pm
Old Jun 15, 2022, 7:53 pm

Likely due to lack of married segment availability.

But LHR-SIN-OSL is crazy.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:30 pm

Is the same routing showing availability on other programs?

I had to call multiple times to book a YYZ - CDG redemption. YYZ - EWR - CDG routing all on UA was displaying on the Krisflyer search but it was a 51 minute connection in EWR and I wanted to see if there were any AC options departing earlier for a longer connection time (Krisflyer search doesn't show AC). I called in and the first few agents said they couldn't see the same availability on their system and I found out it because their results were only showing options which included SQ segments via SIN, e.g. YYZ - EWR - SIN - CDG. I spoke to 5 agents who didn't know or understand how to search for redemptions which did not include SQ before I got one that knew what to do.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 8:36 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Sounds like an inexperienced agent, common these days. Assuming KF can see availability and there is no married segment issue as carrotjuice mentioned, it should be bookable in principle. YMMV.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:33 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Likely due to lack of married segment availability.

But LHR-SIN-OSL is crazy.
Just learned about this. Is there a simple way to determine if they are indeed married segments?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by cnosaj
Is the same routing showing availability on other programs?

I had to call multiple times to book a YYZ - CDG redemption. YYZ - EWR - CDG routing all on UA was displaying on the Krisflyer search but it was a 51 minute connection in EWR and I wanted to see if there were any AC options departing earlier for a longer connection time (Krisflyer search doesn't show AC). I called in and the first few agents said they couldn't see the same availability on their system and I found out it because their results were only showing options which included SQ segments via SIN, e.g. YYZ - EWR - SIN - CDG. I spoke to 5 agents who didn't know or understand how to search for redemptions which did not include SQ before I got one that knew what to do.
I am able to find this routing on both UA & NH.

It definitely seems like the agents don't know what they're doing. I find it unlikely that ALL available award flights from LHR-OSL on any date are only on SQ metal flying through SIN. I tried telling them to look for an option that might be limiting results to just SQ flights and excluding other *A partners. They're always very quick to say "nope we already searched everything".

Did that last agent who helped you describe how they were able to open up the search to include other *A partner awards?
Old Jun 16, 2022, 9:23 am

From what I can tell at the moment you're sometimes reaching agents who are looking on the website or some form of it, you aren't reaching an agent who has access to the full system. One trick that used to work is selecting the option for Mandarin during Singapore working hours and then hopefully reaching a Singapore based agent (who'll speak English), haven't tried recently myself. I was trying to book a flight on AV that the website was erroring on and gave up, they promised call backs but they never came

I once had an issue with them pricing up SIN-FRA-MXP as one award. I sent in a feedback form and someone called me back a couple of days later and sorted it out. Unfortunately now the feedback is taking a long time to get answered
Old Jun 16, 2022, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by cbrmanf4
I am able to find this routing on both UA & NH.

It definitely seems like the agents don't know what they're doing. I find it unlikely that ALL available award flights from LHR-OSL on any date are only on SQ metal flying through SIN. I tried telling them to look for an option that might be limiting results to just SQ flights and excluding other *A partners. They're always very quick to say "nope we already searched everything".

Did that last agent who helped you describe how they were able to open up the search to include other *A partner awards?
Also had the same "nope we already searched everything". Even had one say they needed to consult their colleague, to no success .

The last agent also initially said no flights available but when I mentioned if it was possible to search AC availability it appeared it clicked to them for a *A search. This resulted in them finding the same availability I saw online and an additional option that did not show up on the website.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 7:18 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
I found an available date online for your route in Y. In fact, on Oct 18 there is not only the option you are seeking SFO-LHR-OSL (UA/SK) but also SFO-CPH-OSL (SK/SK). Perhaps one way to progress the conversation with the agent is to use this date as an example - and hopefully they see it in their system or will understand what they need to do to search for this type of redemption. 27.5K miles one way...not too bad!

Last edited by bpk6h; Jun 16, 2022 at 7:23 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.