Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

There is a hype about SQ teddy bears in HK: what`s going on?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

There is a hype about SQ teddy bears in HK: what`s going on?

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2022, 6:14 pm

Still haven’t seen OP post a link that talks about the SQ bear “mania”, not a beep reported online. Not sure if it’s purely anecdotal…
Old May 30, 2022, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

Did you check in Cantonese?
Old May 30, 2022, 8:37 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Suppose it's this...

https://www.am730.com.hk/%E5%A8%9B%E...flight-/320862
Never heard of him or the band.
yuenpo and ACR2013 like this.
Old May 30, 2022, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bpk6h
Suppose it's this...

https://www.am730.com.hk/%E5%A8%9B%E...flight-/320862
Never heard of him or the band.
Yes! The date is May 24 - when the hype among HK people happened! Thank you for solving the mystery Nobody could find this info, but you. And the color Green matches it as well - the hype was about Green bears.
Old May 31, 2022, 1:18 am

Originally Posted by ACR2013
Did you check in Cantonese?
No idea. You did the original post [Moderator edit] which left people puzzled as they tried to make sense of what you had said. [Moderator edit]

Last edited by Ocn Vw 1K; May 31, 2022 at 9:32 pm Reason: To remove personalized remarks per FT Rule 12; as well as member's own standards which are not part of FT posting practice ru
Old Jun 4, 2022, 11:41 pm

Originally Posted by emcampbe
So is this available on all flights in J (by request, at least?) or just certain ones.

we’ll be in J on 528 (SIN - MAA), with two kids as well. Would we be able to request (at least for them?).
You can ask on all flights but I would recommend to do so directly after boarding. As they are loaded on on outbound flights they might not be available anymore on any inbound flights.
emcampbe likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 4:38 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Collected one on SQ25 as forgot to ask on SQ26 being first flight after 2 years & 4 months in fallow

The green bear - the latest green one

Need to check where the other bears are or perhaps have them given away .. jet lagging from Marrakech & from LH flight cancellations too .
FlyingJoy likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by endet
You can ask on all flights but I would recommend to do so directly after boarding. As they are loaded on on outbound flights they might not be available anymore on any inbound flights.
just updating on here. Asked for the bears for my kids just after boarding SIN-BLR. FA went to check, then came back and said they couldn’t find any, and said they don’t load them on all flights. Not sure if they meant they don’t have them on certain routes (ie regional) or they just don’t have them sometimes. I have to be honest, was a bit disappointed they didn’t have them.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 11:36 am
Original Poster

just updating on here. Asked for the bears for my kids just after boarding SIN-BLR. FA went to check, then came back and said they couldn’t find any, and said they don’t load them on all flights. Not sure if they meant they don’t have them on certain routes (ie regional) or they just don’t have them sometimes. I have to be honest, was a bit disappointed they didn’t have them.
The bears are reserved for First/Suite and Business Class passengers (if any left). For kids in all cabins there are seasonal toys (coloring books, table games, etc) - there are plenty of those offered. So, if you didn`t fly in First/Business, you shouldn`t be upset because you didn`t receive First Class bear. Especially now, when airlines cut costs. Are paper menus back?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The bears are reserved for First/Suite and Business Class passengers (if any left). For kids in all cabins there are seasonal toys (coloring books, table games, etc) - there are plenty of those offered. So, if you didn`t fly in First/Business, you shouldn`t be upset because you didn`t receive First Class bear. Especially now, when airlines cut costs. Are paper menus back?
we were in business - which is the highest class of service on this route (on a 787-10).

no paper menus. Referred to digital menus. Ordered BTC options for 3 of us, and my wife had pre-selected the Asian veggie option online. Those were all delivered properly.
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:52 pm
Original Poster

we were in business - which is the highest class of service on this route (on a 787-10).

no paper menus. Referred to digital menus. Ordered BTC options for 3 of us, and my wife had pre-selected the Asian veggie option online. Those were all delivered properly.
So they probably didn`t have them on that route. I know that the bears are limited, and SQ has a quite strict inventory control. Maybe next time you`ll get the bear. The hype was because of the boy band member got it, but in other times, it is just a bear made in China-unless you collect everything SQ.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So they probably didn`t have them on that route. I know that the bears are limited, and SQ has a quite strict inventory control. Maybe next time you`ll get the bear. The hype was because of the boy band member got it, but in other times, it is just a bear made in China-unless you collect everything SQ.
not for me really, though I wouldn’t object to getting one. We don’t fly SQ or biz often, and more wanted them for my kids (who were both in their own paid biz seats on the flight).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.