Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Change of Schedule = Real Pain in the ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2022 | 7:53 am
Original Poster
20 Years on Site

Programs: Meh

PHUKET-SIN-FRA

SIN-FRA scheduled 2 hours earlier meaning miss my connection. They have offered the late evening flight instead of my original midday flight - means 12 hour layover. This would mean missing my (own) connection home and cost of hotel in FRA.

That is all they are offering. Any other options such I should push for? Note I have pre-paid for 2 hotel rooms last night of my holiday also so leaving a day earlier would not solve anything.
Old May 20, 2022 | 8:50 am
15 Years on Site

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by stevie
PHUKET-SIN-FRA

SIN-FRA scheduled 2 hours earlier meaning miss my connection. They have offered the late evening flight instead of my original midday flight - means 12 hour layover. This would mean missing my (own) connection home and cost of hotel in FRA.

That is all they are offering. Any other options such I should push for? Note I have pre-paid for 2 hotel rooms last night of my holiday also so leaving a day earlier would not solve anything.
I'm on this flight too later this summer and received the schedule change notifications. The challenge here is that there are only 2 midday flights to all of Europe (one to LHR and the FRA flight). Thus, with the misconnect, you have no flight options until late evening when LH/SQ fly to FRA/MUC. Unless you are really set on leaving HKT at your scheduled time, you might want to push SQ to see if there is a way to route you to SIN to meet SQ325 even if it means flying another airline.
Old May 20, 2022 | 5:01 pm
10 Years on Site

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
I got the change too. Doesn't affect me but I was surprised given that flight departure time has been in place for many years.
Old May 20, 2022 | 6:07 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Im another one who is affected by this. I noticed earlier in the week that my flight had changed from the 777 to the 350 too.

Not sure what theyre thinkingSQ 326 has never departed this early and presumably misses most of the connecting traffic.
Old May 20, 2022 | 6:58 pm
15 Years on Site

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by WISEMEN
Im another one who is affected by this. I noticed earlier in the week that my flight had changed from the 777 to the 350 too.

Not sure what theyre thinkingSQ 326 has never departed this early and presumably misses most of the connecting traffic.
I could be wrong but I always assumed SQ326 and SQ318 were primarily for O&D passengers rather than connecting. The connecting pax would normally take the evening departures.
Old May 20, 2022 | 7:17 pm
40 Countries Visited15 Years on Site

Push SQ for their duty of care, but their obligation doesn't extend to your own separate connection home, failing which this is where your travel insurance should come in...
Old May 20, 2022 | 7:22 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, AA, Marriott, Hyatt, Accor
Originally Posted by bpk6h
I could be wrong but I always assumed SQ326 and SQ318 were primarily for O&D passengers rather than connecting. The connecting pax would normally take the evening departures.
i think this is primarily the case, but in my experience there have been quite a few connecting pax from PER, CGK, DPS, KUL and MNL who have joined SQ 326. Probably still possible for some of the short haul connections, albeit with a much earlier start to the day.
bpk6h likes this.

Last edited by WISEMEN; May 20, 2022 at 11:07 pm
Old May 20, 2022 | 10:28 pm

Programs: Marriott/SPG Gold, Krisflyer Gold, HHonors Gold
Would a schedule change entitle you to a refund of miles on a redemption booking without having to pay the redeposit fee?
Old May 21, 2022 | 7:51 am
5 Years on Site

Did SQ sell HKT-SIN-FRA for the summer season with 30 mins connection? The first HKT flight land at 1325 in the summer season.

for the winter season, there is a 1135 am arrival (SQ723). But then if SQ326 is brought forward to 1155 departure, dont think this connection is possible.

think the only option is to change your HKT-SIN flight to cut short the transit time.
Old May 21, 2022 | 10:08 am
20 Years on Site

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
It would helpful to be specific with the date.

As far as I can tell the earliest flight HKT-SIN, on any carrier, is not going to arrive in time for the 1155 departure.

The only options are to ask to put on the later flight out of HKT so you don't have the long connection to the evening FRA and therefore forgo (or have you travel insurance pay for) the lost flights, or try and negotiate with your hotel or forgo the last nights of accommodation at HKT and take the last flight out of HKT the night before, you would have to spring for night in SIN, as I suspect SQ won't cover it. Either option not ideal.
Old May 23, 2022 | 4:17 am
Original Poster
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by lokijuh
It would helpful to be specific with the date.

As far as I can tell the earliest flight HKT-SIN, on any carrier, is not going to arrive in time for the 1155 departure.

The only options are to ask to put on the later flight out of HKT so you don't have the long connection to the evening FRA and therefore forgo (or have you travel insurance pay for) the lost flights, or try and negotiate with your hotel or forgo the last nights of accommodation at HKT and take the last flight out of HKT the night before, you would have to spring for night in SIN, as I suspect SQ won't cover it. Either option not ideal.
Mid August. The options you quote are exactly what I am considering. If I took the later flight would I be due compensation as my arrival time would be some 12 hours later.
Old May 23, 2022 | 8:16 am
5 Years on Site

Originally Posted by stevie
Mid August. The options you quote are exactly what I am considering. If I took the later flight would I be due compensation as my arrival time would be some 12 hours later.
wont have any compensation at all. Your flight is to FRA and thus EU261 does not apply to a NON-EU carrier.

and I wonder what timing is your HKT-SIN flight in the first place.
Old May 23, 2022 | 10:38 am
Original Poster
20 Years on Site

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
wont have any compensation at all. Your flight is to FRA and thus EU261 does not apply to a NON-EU carrier.

and I wonder what timing is your HKT-SIN flight in the first place.

10.25am original flight from HGKT-SIN. Thanks for EU261 advice, I thought given FRA is destination EU261 applies.
Old May 27, 2022 | 4:08 am
10 Years on Site

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Sin to Frankfurt now and hour earlier than the original change, departing 10.55

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.