Wiki Posts
Search

Pyjamas in business class

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, SPG Platinum, Leaders Club, BA Gold, Virgin Gold
Help please… Pyjamas in biz class

My wife is flying Singapore Airlines for the first time tomorrow (LHR-SIN) on the A380 and then next week (SIN-SFO) on the A350 and wanted to know if they offer pyjamas in business class. Would be grateful if anyone knows for certain as conflicting reports on the web. Thanks!

Last edited by DannyPR; May 6, 2022 at 1:51 pm
Old May 6, 2022, 3:11 pm

No pajamas is ever given by SQ in Business class, only First.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 2:03 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
No pajamas is ever given by SQ in Business class, only First.
Not offered, but would requesting any be a waste of time? Anyone tried?
Old May 7, 2022, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by buzby22
Not offered, but would requesting any be a waste of time? Anyone tried?
yes a waste of time. They won’t give because simply they don’t have any. What is available is for first class/suite. If they give to someone in business class, then everyone is going to ask for it.
DiamondMile and rt23456p like this.
Old May 7, 2022, 10:12 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
SQ only relatively recently added amenity kits in business class, they're a long way away from offering PJs
Old May 7, 2022, 10:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by buzby22
Not offered, but would requesting any be a waste of time?
Waste of time. There is no more "by the rulebook" airline than SQ.
Old May 7, 2022, 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
That's the funny thing. Singapore obviously is very into rules, following rules, etc. And in a sense their airline should reflect their (tiny) country.
But yet service is really good on SQ (in economy it surpasses almost all other airlines, in the premium classes other carriers step up their game).

I've been through Singapore a few times, but it isn't like they in general have great service. So, that definitely doesn't reflect their culture.

And Singapore is also supposed to be an IT hub for southeast Asia, but SQ's IT is horrendous, as everybody knows.
davidj1 likes this.
Old May 8, 2022, 10:12 pm

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by ajeleonard
SQ only relatively recently added amenity kits in business class, they're a long way away from offering PJs
Heard from unofficial sources that they are removing the Penhaligon Amenity Kits from J class. Took a J class flight to/fro BKK, wasn't offered the kit.
Old May 8, 2022, 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
I am glad that their rulebook includes providing water though
davidj1 likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by hclee01
Heard from unofficial sources that they are removing the Penhaligon Amenity Kits from J class. Took a J class flight to/fro BKK, wasn't offered the kit.
I was on a few J flights last month to / from Europe and US, and had to ask each time. FA's told me the guidelines they received are now only to give upon request, to reduce costs / spend on amenity kits (#sad). Not many people know to ask ... be sure to do so!
rt23456p likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 6:27 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by DannyPR
My wife is flying Singapore Airlines for the first time tomorrow (LHR-SIN) on the A380 and then next week (SIN-SFO) on the A350 and wanted to know if they offer pyjamas in business class. Would be grateful if anyone knows for certain as conflicting reports on the web. Thanks!
umm…confused as to where on earth you saw a report indicating SQ provide pyjamas in J…
Singapore_Air and DiamondMile like this.
Old May 11, 2022, 3:47 pm

I flew JFK-SIN-EWR last week and no amenity kit was offered on either flight. Upon asking on the SIN-EWR leg, I was only offered slippers and eye shades, which weren't even by the seat at boarding.
rt23456p likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by CX845
I flew JFK-SIN-EWR last week and no amenity kit was offered on either flight. Upon asking on the SIN-EWR leg, I was only offered slippers and eye shades, which weren't even by the seat at boarding.
Amenity kits are not normally proactively offered, likewise slippers, eye shades, etc. Although I've been on some flights when they were already there at the seat upon boarding, hence inconsistent.

But they should all be listed in the digital menu as items that may be requested during the flight - unless you're saying that they've now removed them even from the digital menu?
Old May 11, 2022, 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by hardworking21
I was on a few J flights last month to / from Europe and US, and had to ask each time. FA's told me the guidelines they received are now only to give upon request, to reduce costs / spend on amenity kits
They actually said that it's to "reduce costs"?! I would've thought the more officious and "politically correct" statement to customers would be to "encourage sustainability" or "reduce wastage"...
freed0m and djsflynn like this.
Old May 12, 2022, 12:23 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
yes a waste of time. They won’t give because simply they don’t have any. What is available is for first class/suite. If they give to someone in business class, then everyone is going to ask for it.
Yup, and they're assigned exactly what is needed in F per the flight manifest. I was once upgraded to F at gate and they couldn't provide PJs or the amenity kit for the first sector because the pax I replaced was male and and they didn't have a ladies' set for me. They only got it loaded at the stopover. haha. I never change to PJs in flight anyway so it wasn't a big deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.