Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seattle airport connection

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2022, 7:40 pm
Original Poster

Seattle airport connection

I just booked Singapore Airlines for September round trip to Bangkok, flying out of Seattle. I live in Kansas City, so I’ll fly to Seattle on SWA points. I usually fly to BKK from LAX and am very familiar with that airport. I’ve never been in Seattle’s airport. I’m flying in the night before but on the return, I get to Seattle at 8:15 and fly out on SWA at 11:30. Is that enough time to collect bags, get through customs, checking in at SWA counter and going back through TSA and get to gate? There are plenty of SWA flights later, so I can adjust to a later flight if need be.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 11:45 am

Programs: DL PM, 2 Million Miller
You have pleanty of time, Seattle airport is very efficient. I'd check the luggage all the way from BKK to your final destination, and avoid having to go to the check in counter in the lobby.

After clearimg passport control and customs there is an small area to pass thru TSA and be airside at the airport. If you don't use this dedicated line, then you are landside and re entering the airside has long lines at SEA.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Originally Posted by bescobar
You have pleanty of time, Seattle airport is very efficient. I'd check the luggage all the way from BKK to your final destination, and avoid having to go to the check in counter in the lobby.
Op is flying Southwest out of SEA, I don't think SQ will allow to check the luggage through.
Old Mar 31, 2022, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Thanks! I wasn’t even going to try to check bags all the way. My only concern is if my Singapore flight is late. I’ve had other flyers over the years flying to Asia out of LAX tell me that Southwest will allow you on a later flight, and there are several SWA flights that I can take from Seattle and eventually land in KC.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 3:48 am

Programs: AA, KF
If you have Global Entry, it should be enough time. If no GE maybe it's a safe bet to book at least 4 hrs. or so gap for your SWA flight.
Old Apr 4, 2022, 11:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by bescobar

After clearimg passport control and customs there is an small area to pass thru TSA and be airside at the airport. If you don't use this dedicated line, then you are landside and re entering the airside has long lines at SEA.
Southwest doesn't interline at all. OP will have a separate ticket for the WN domestic segment(s).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.