Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Singapore Airlines Business Class A350-900 Bulkhead Seat

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Airlines Business Class A350-900 Bulkhead Seat

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2024, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by bpk6h
Retractable.
This report probably provides the most detailed A350 review including pictures of the divider extended and retracted:
https://mainlymiles.com/2018/02/27/r...usiness-class/
Thank you, that’s a great resource to see the seat feature set. Question answered in full, plus some!
Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:23 am
pjs

The average J traveler must either not know or not care about the T-96 hour rule as I was able to grab us 19A and 19K for Sunday's LAX-SIN flight.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I think the fact that it's a different window/timeframe than OLCI helps.
pjs likes this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by pjs
The average J traveler must either not know or not care about the T-96 hour rule as I was able to grab us 19A and 19K for Sunday's LAX-SIN flight.
Not all people like 19A and 19K. I don't personally and have many times opted for normal seats even though they're available at T-96.

Because they're next to the galley, the curtain can sometimes flimsily close thus allow a sliver of light to peek through, yet when closed gives the area a slightly claustrophobic feel. And next to the bassinet seats of 19D and 19F - just having one crying baby there tends to make it a less relaxing flight.
Eagle2000 and gle like this.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:46 pm
pjs

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Not all people like 19A and 19K. I don't personally and have many times opted for normal seats even though they're available at T-96.

Because they're next to the galley, the curtain can sometimes flimsily close thus allow a sliver of light to peek through, yet when closed gives the area a slightly claustrophobic feel. And next to the bassinet seats of 19D and 19F - just having one crying baby there tends to make it a less relaxing flight.
17 hours of having to contort my legs vs a bit of light from the galley. I’ll stick with it. We had 19D/F on IAH-MAN and it was great. We have earplugs and eyeshades. Let’s just hope for no babies.
Old Mar 30, 2024, 2:42 am
pjs

Originally Posted by pjs
17 hours of having to contort my legs vs a bit of light from the galley. I’ll stick with it. We had 19D/F on IAH-MAN and it was great. We have earplugs and eyeshades. Let’s just hope for no babies.
At OLCI, I was able to switch us to 19D and 19F.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 6:49 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
I'd love to get the group's feedback as to whether for a solo passenger it's better to choose a middle (i.e. 11D or 11F), and if so is 11D or 11F preferred vs. 19A or 19K as while of course I'd far prefer a solo window seat, as 19 A and K are bassinet seats, I understand I could be moved if there's a baby on the flight. Also, I believe row 11 is better than row 19 as the bathrooms are right in front of row 19.

Also, does service start from the front of the plane in which case row 11 would be ideal, or do the FA's start in 2 or more places? Thanks!
Old Apr 8, 2024, 10:09 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by MarkP24
I'd love to get the group's feedback as to whether for a solo passenger it's better to choose a middle (i.e. 11D or 11F), and if so is 11D or 11F preferred vs. 19A or 19K as while of course I'd far prefer a solo window seat, as 19 A and K are bassinet seats, I understand I could be moved if there's a baby on the flight. Also, I believe row 11 is better than row 19 as the bathrooms are right in front of row 19.

Also, does service start from the front of the plane in which case row 11 would be ideal, or do the FA's start in 2 or more places? Thanks!
I wouldn't have a problem with middle bulkhead seats. If I remember right, there's a privacy divider and it doesn't feel much less private than the window seats. I also wouldn't care about the bathroom being in close proximity because I use eye shades and sleep headphones that mask noise. But if you're bothered by light and noise, it's always a good idea to stay away from galleys and bathrooms.

Re "where does service start" - service does not "start" anywhere in SQ J. It just happens "magically" and unobtrusively. There generally aren't carts of stuff being rolled down the aisle - and if there are, whatever they are doing happens quickly and efficiently, and it doesn't matter whether you are at the beginning or end of their path. Generally, FAs bring you dishes and glasses individually. And they are happy to accommodate requests to eat meals outside of their "regular" service times. If you are worried about running out of your dish of choice, pre-book it before your flight.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 10:54 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by snic
I wouldn't have a problem with middle bulkhead seats. If I remember right, there's a privacy divider and it doesn't feel much less private than the window seats. I also wouldn't care about the bathroom being in close proximity because I use eye shades and sleep headphones that mask noise. But if you're bothered by light and noise, it's always a good idea to stay away from galleys and bathrooms.

Re "where does service start" - service does not "start" anywhere in SQ J. It just happens "magically" and unobtrusively. There generally aren't carts of stuff being rolled down the aisle - and if there are, whatever they are doing happens quickly and efficiently, and it doesn't matter whether you are at the beginning or end of their path. Generally, FAs bring you dishes and glasses individually. And they are happy to accommodate requests to eat meals outside of their "regular" service times. If you are worried about running out of your dish of choice, pre-book it before your flight.
Thanks! Very helpful!
Old Apr 8, 2024, 6:27 pm

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
On flights with two main meal services, the FAs will start from the front on the first service. The second service will then start from the back.

Personally, I prefer row 19 as I like mini-cabins. I don’t find the proximity to the galley and the lavs to be bothersome, in fact it’s a plus point for me as I can easily grab a snack or request for a drink from the FAs on the way back from the lav.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by rhu171
On flights with two main meal services, the FAs will start from the front on the first service. The second service will then start from the back.

Personally, I prefer row 19 as I like mini-cabins. I don’t find the proximity to the galley and the lavs to be bothersome, in fact it’s a plus point for me as I can easily grab a snack or request for a drink from the FAs on the way back from the lav.
Thanks. Row 19 is the beginning of the much larger cabin. The mini cabin starts with row 10/ 11.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:50 pm

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
Thanks. Row 19 is the beginning of the much larger cabin. The mini cabin starts with row 10/ 11.
Ah. My bad. I was talking about the LH version of the A359, not the ULH.
Old Apr 9, 2024, 9:13 am

No worries. Appreciate the insight on the service
Old Apr 9, 2024, 10:28 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I thought there was another thread on ULR version for the same topic (yes, I also mixed up the two before), so if OPs query was about ULR it may have been clearer had it been posted in the other thread. Anyways it gets confusing after a while so I'd recommend to add the a/c version to the query / statement to be safe and get the correct input.

Last edited by demue; Apr 9, 2024 at 10:37 pm
Old Apr 12, 2024, 7:19 am

Has anyone ever tried to call and get bulkhead before the T-96 and get an exception or a nice agent who let them book it?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.