Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Transit on separate award & revenue tickets

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2022, 8:25 pm
QG
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS

Is it possible to transit Changi on a combination of revenue and award tickets? The SQ website says pax should book itineraries on a single ticket, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that award/revenue ticket combos are OK?

Thanks!
Old Feb 8, 2022, 10:19 pm

Programs: Alaska
You can try and let us know.

many people talked about it but so far no one has shown proof that it worked.

but we do have report of miserable experience of tickets from two airlines.

it is high-risk as it is against official directives. It is high-stake as it is no fun to get denied boarding and worse if stranded in SIN and got deported.

Last edited by freed0m; Feb 8, 2022 at 10:27 pm
Old Feb 9, 2022, 5:34 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
I know nothing is for certain, but any thoughts on SIN connection (6 hour), two awards (inbound EVA. outbound Singapore). Flights will be in October.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ned
I know nothing is for certain, but any thoughts on SIN connection (6 hour), two awards (inbound EVA. outbound Singapore). Flights will be in October.
Ask in September. 8 months out anything could happen.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 6:53 pm
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Of course anything could happen in 8 months, but I have to secure award tickets when they are available and SQ can be expensive when cancelling. Best guess!
Old Feb 9, 2022, 7:57 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Is it possible to just proceed to check in and fly out again before getting the PCR result if taking a VTL?

Otherwise I’d imagine the only way to make this work is if you have a SHN/testing exemption due to vaccination + covid recovery.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 8:09 pm

you need to self-isolate after the test, you cannot proceed to check-in

Originally Posted by Digicola
Is it possible to just proceed to check in and fly out again before getting the PCR result if taking a VTL?

Otherwise I’d imagine the only way to make this work is if you have a SHN/testing exemption due to vaccination + covid recovery.
Old Feb 9, 2022, 9:43 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Platinum Ultimate, VA Velocity Platinum, ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by jjjohn
I realise that but realistically are they going to stop you from trying to leave the country? I can’t remember if SQ asks if you are serving SHN when you check in or not.

disclaimer: I’m not encouraging people to do this if it actually is completely illegal. If you absolutely have to connect then just book a long layover (8h+), book a hotel and take a VTL and you should be fine.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:55 am

I will say 10 hours to be safe. To the country does not request pre departure test.

I realise that but realistically are they going to stop you from trying to leave the country? I can’t remember if SQ asks if you are serving SHN when you check in or not.

disclaimer: I’m not encouraging people to do this if it actually is completely illegal. If you absolutely have to connect then just book a long layover (8h+), book a hotel and take a VTL and you should be fine.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 2:45 am

Programs: VA Silver, QF FF, Priority Club
Originally Posted by ned
Of course anything could happen in 8 months, but I have to secure award tickets when they are available and SQ can be expensive when cancelling. Best guess!
Your guess is as good as ours.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 12:51 pm

Programs: UA

Speaking from personal experience, we had to order ride hailing after the airport PCR test. Maybe you can ask your grab driver to immediately turnaround and go to departure level.
We stayed in el cheapo hotel for the night as the stop in SIN is essentially an overnight transit for us. The hotel didn't mind us coming and going before/without the airport PCR test result.
Old Feb 10, 2022, 11:00 pm

most likely ICA system is going to reflect you as person under isolation (before receiving the negative test results). So once you go through the departure custom (if you have not gotten the negative result), most likely you will be flagged.
Old Feb 11, 2022, 12:55 am

Originally Posted by jjjohn

If you have the COVID vaccination + recovery there is no isolation.
website
If you do their checker:Pre-Departure Test exemption allowed as first positive test is between 7-90 days (inclusive) before departure. Please provide acceptable proof of your first positive test or discharge memo, in lieu of a negative pre-departure test, to the transport operator for boarding. No appeals are required. Refer to the Vaccinated-Recovered Traveller Protocol for more details.

Eligibility for exemption from inland border measures on arrival

Traveller is eligible for exemption from inland border measures on arrival. Positive test is between 7-90 days (inclusive) before date of departure. Please show acceptable proof of the positive test or discharge memo on arrival. Refer to the Vaccinated-Recovered Traveller Protocol for more details.

So it seems like you can enter, have no restrictions, and then board another flight if you wish.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.