Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Disappointing SIngapore Silverkris Lounge experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2021, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH HON, SQ QPPS, QR Gold, Sixt Diamond

Was recently guest at the SIngapore Silverkris Lounge in Changi Terminal 3, first time in two years as *A gold client for a late evening departure.

The experience was so un-SQ-like, a real shadow of what SQ stands or at least stood for.
  • 30m queue outside to enter
  • crowded, no seats available
  • non working QR code online menu, which apparently only works if on lounge wifi
  • deplorable waiting times
  • tables not being cleared
  • lounge management lost in situation and not in control

Super disappointing! First time ever that I found the Frankfurt Senator lounges on the other end of my trip a superior offering, quiet, ample, clean.

Based on this experience SQ has long way to recover.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 10:17 pm

It’s been reported in local Telegram groups that the lounge is super crowded ahead of late night departures, especially in light of year end holidays and since the VTL arrangements started. But yes, no excuse as a flagship lounge should cater to sufficient capacity and provide the most sterling of experiences.
​​​​​​​
Old Dec 20, 2021, 10:58 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Was this the SilverKris (presumably business class section) lounge or the SQ *A lounge at SIN? PreCOVID-19, they were somewhat different.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:06 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Was this the SilverKris (presumably business class section) lounge or the SQ *A lounge at SIN? PreCOVID-19, they were somewhat different.
At the moment there is only one lounge...SilverKris. With time the *A lounge will open. SQ is still in the middle of its lounge renovations.

And yes, the late evening bank of flights is the most crowded time.

Lastly, I think the QR code works only connected to SKL wifi to avoid any funny business of someone sitting at home and creating fake orders.
Old Dec 20, 2021, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Incomprehensible situation, there are still less flights than pre-COVID. There would be some quick fixes to improve situation
  • have meals readily prepared instead of cook to order, in particular Indian masala or chicken nuggets for kids, they have dim sum and laksa which you can pickup without QR code and without 20m wait
  • deploy senior F&B manager to oversee processes with defined quality standards
  • increase number of cleaners
  • limit access or divert at certain peak times sub-groups of clients to other neighboring contact lounges (eg non SQ *A gold non business class travellers)

There are an abundance of small things that could alleviate the situation for these peak surges in demand. My surprise is really why SQ let this slip.
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:39 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Is this the temporary Silver Kris Business lounge that will become *A/Gold Lounge? Bit confused!
Old Dec 21, 2021, 12:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NoY
Is this the temporary Silver Kris Business lounge that will become *A/Gold Lounge? Bit confused!

This one:

https://www.executivetraveller.com/r...s-class-lounge
NoY likes this.

Last edited by Ziegenhorn; Dec 21, 2021 at 1:03 am
Old Dec 21, 2021, 7:35 am

Programs: A3*G, LH FTL, VS Red, Avis Preferred, Hertz President's Circle, (RIP Diamond Club)
Is this lounge open for early morning (01:30am) flights?
Old Dec 21, 2021, 2:24 pm

Programs: Krisflyer
When I went through there in F recently it seemed like they were understaffed. The dragon at the entrance to the F section kept getting called away to assist with other issues (wouldn't be surprised if a few ppl slipped in while she was gone). Doesn't help that they are putting all the passengers from *G, SQ J and SQ F into one lounge when it should be three. And may be difficult to ramp up after having low staff numbers for a year and a half.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:41 am

The midnight flights are almost the same as before and most of them are very full.
+ Many *G in Y are also using the lounge ---> That is the reason with a so pack lounge.

The lounge starts to get busy after 9:30pm.
Spoke to the staff there, they said it was a tsunami every night, came and go in 2 hours.

Originally Posted by Ziegenhorn
Incomprehensible situation, there are still less flights than pre-COVID. There would be some quick fixes to improve situation
  • have meals readily prepared instead of cook to order, in particular Indian masala or chicken nuggets for kids, they have dim sum and laksa which you can pickup without QR code and without 20m wait
  • deploy senior F&B manager to oversee processes with defined quality standards
  • increase number of cleaners
  • limit access or divert at certain peak times sub-groups of clients to other neighboring contact lounges (eg non SQ *A gold non business class travellers)

There are an abundance of small things that could alleviate the situation for these peak surges in demand. My surprise is really why SQ let this slip.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:45 am

No, this will be the Sliver Kris Business lounge (reopened end Nov).
*G can use it for the moment till Q1 next year.

The temp lounge was closed again and will reopen Q1 next year as Gold Lounge.

Originally Posted by NoY
NoY likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 10:46 am

Yes, it opens 24hr.
Originally Posted by roberino
Is this lounge open for early morning (01:30am) flights?
roberino likes this.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 11:03 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
I made this note when I was flying out of Singapore in the beginning of November

A couple of data points from flying out from Changi T3 last night:
- Changi looks like a post-apocalyptic deserted wasteland. There is a zero point to go to the gate before boarding starts.
- SilverKris Business lounge is a shadow of its former self - it is ‘temporary’ at this moment and no idea when permanent will be ready.
- At SKL there is not enough space and as a result packed during evening time departures. And forget about thinking about getting food - Singapore’s Covid security theater goes full swing with SafeEntry and TraceTogetger. You need to order food with QR codes and it takes 30 min for your order to be ready. For drinks, the only selection is 2-3 canned drinks, coffee, tea, and 1-2 alcoholic drinks.
- From time to time you see as people in full PPE are herding unfortunate ‘Category 3-4’ transit pax from one gate to another. All of these pax must wear a wristband identifying them as walking biohazard…
In short, if someone wants to film a zombie movie, they should name it ‘Escape from Singapore’ and film it at Changi.
Only after landing in Istanbul and seeing all people around you are releasing that last 1.5 years you have been living in a semi-comfortable prison while trying to convince yourself that it was for your own good.
This, plus now the situation going on with SQ customer care - inability to dial in - people are spending 3h on hold and then call drops. It has been what - 2 months already? Only getting worse and no indication of even an attempt to fix it.

SQ and other 'great local companies' are all exhibiting the same behavior - they are good to address problems/situations if they are familiar with the situation and know how to resolve it, but as soon as they encounter an unfamiliar situation or something outside of the script, the whole house of cards falls down.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
I dont understand why they had to close the KrisGold Lounge - that one was already renovated and full flights for year end travel should definitely not be unexpected for SQ. they could change the furnitures in the KrisGold Lounge also later in Feb or March when there is less travel. this would definitely reduce the crowd in the SKL
I also observed when I was in the lounge last week that half of the meals were not available - why they list so many meals if they anyways cannot serve them; this is just poor planning as there is definitely no food shortage in Singapore.
Overall SIA service levels, in particular customer service (hotline) and lounge) are a disgrace for a premium carrier.... they should fix this asap - other carriers are also able to maintain acceptable service standards...
Old Dec 22, 2021, 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by invisible
I made this note when I was flying out of Singapore in the beginning of November

This, plus now the situation going on with SQ customer care - inability to dial in - people are spending 3h on hold and then call drops. It has been what - 2 months already? Only getting worse and no indication of even an attempt to fix it.

SQ and other 'great local companies' are all exhibiting the same behavior - they are good to address problems/situations if they are familiar with the situation and know how to resolve it, but as soon as they encounter an unfamiliar situation or something outside of the script, the whole house of cards falls down.
I couldn't agree more. I can think of a handful of airlines, such as AA, that have a 'call you back' feature if the customer service wait is over 10-30 min. You don't loose your place in line, and you simply receive a call when it is your turn. Pretty basic technology. If SQ isn't going to hire-up call centre staff, then it isn't all that difficult to figure out a more reasonable workaround.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.