Wiki Posts
Search

Omicron - 5th Expiration Extension?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2021, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Omicron - 5th Expiration Extension?

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...020renewal-kf/

yes based off of this, there have currently been 4 extensions of miles. 4/2020 expiration ones got pushed to 10/2020, then 4/2021, then 10/2021, then 4/2022. Mine was set to expire 10/2021 and got pushed only to 4/2022.

question is with Omicron, anyone think there might be a 5th one?
Old Dec 5, 2021, 2:29 am

Programs: Krisflyer
I think it will correlate with the Singapore government's attitude to omicron. They just increased testing requirements for arrivals in Singapore and have slowed down the VTL program. If they go any further then SQ might have to extend miles. If they relax then SQ will be able to resume operations.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 5:40 pm

I am so fed up on SQ. I mean I loved this airline and airport pre Covid but the rate of changes they make is frustrating. I knows it’s a pandemic and every country will do what they need to but the other major hubs aren’t doing it like Dubai and Qatar. I did a flight with the holding pen and it wasn’t great especially because I had a long layover. Having only finally achieved gold status pre Covid I haven’t gotten to really enjoy my hard earned perks. I fly from the east coast of the usa which has the two stops In Germany or Manchester depending on if you fly from jfk or Houston. I now see they have reinstated the the holding pen for passengers arriving from those countries. I have a long layover end of Feb 2022. Sorry for the rant.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 6:25 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by Triniflyer868
I am so fed up on SQ. I mean I loved this airline and airport pre Covid but the rate of changes they make is frustrating. ...Sorry for the rant.
The rant is valid given the silly COVID-theatre, especially at Changi Airport.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 7:03 pm

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by Triniflyer868
I am so fed up on SQ. I mean I loved this airline and airport pre Covid but the rate of changes they make is frustrating. I knows it’s a pandemic and every country will do what they need to but the other major hubs aren’t doing it like Dubai and Qatar. I did a flight with the holding pen and it wasn’t great especially because I had a long layover. Having only finally achieved gold status pre Covid I haven’t gotten to really enjoy my hard earned perks. I fly from the east coast of the usa which has the two stops In Germany or Manchester depending on if you fly from jfk or Houston. I now see they have reinstated the the holding pen for passengers arriving from those countries. I have a long layover end of Feb 2022. Sorry for the rant.
Aren't choices clear?

Take QR or EK, then.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:26 pm

Originally Posted by freed0m
Aren't choices clear?

Take QR or EK, then.
and there is the direct SQ23.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:56 pm

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
The rant is valid given the silly COVID-theatre, especially at Changi Airport.
i continue to use sq Bc of my miles program. But question. My flight from the usa are vtl flights and I am transiting changhi. I only stop off in either Manchester or Frankfurt with the same flight. Does this class me as having originated from these countries now and therefore be put into the pen?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

VTL bookings suspended

https://onemileatatime.com/news/sing...d-travel-lane/

not to hope, but i do hope my miles extend.
Old Jan 14, 2022, 8:14 pm
Original Poster

update! they did extend it!

"If you have KrisFlyer miles expiring between January 2022 to December 2022, they are eligible for a 6-month extension. This extension will be processed automatically, and no action is required on your part. This means that no miles will expire in 2022, and extended miles will only begin expiring from January 2023."

seems anyone who had miles expiring in Q1 2022 will automatically be extended to Q1 2023. great news!

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/u...020renewal-kf/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.