Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Transiting Singapore & also cancelling booking

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I'm really struggling to get my head around what the deal is with transiting Singapore currently.

We'd be flying LHR to BKK via SIN on Singapore Airlines on a single booking, on 27th December, my wife and I are fully vaccinated, by son (7) is not.

I believe all three of us would need a PCR test or professionally administered rapid antigen test within 2 days of departure in order to transit SIN, but is there anything to consider with regards my son who is of course not vaccinated?

Do I read correctly that we'll not be able to leave a specially designated area in SIN airport while we wait for the connecting flight? We've got 3.5 hours there, so would have preferred to use one of the Priority Pass lounges.

Finally, if all goes wrong and we need to cancel, is it just a case of a voucher being issued by SIA, or are they super flexible like Emirates and offer a full refund?

Thanks!
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:46 am

1) PCR or ART pre-departure testfor everyone including transit.

2) no issue with unvaccinated kids provided they travel with vaccinated adults.
even if you are on the VTL flights , also no issue.

3) you can roam around in the normal changi transit area with shops (NOT the transit holding area) and visit the lounge (if they are open, SQ lounge is open, not sure about the rest). Paxes from LHR n BKK are allowed to visit the lounge. So no issue
(however things might change due to the new variant though).

4). Refund will be based on your ticket condition. Won’t be full refund unless fully flexible tickets (but I think there will still be some charges )
lvA6 likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2021, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
1) PCR or ART pre-departure testfor everyone including transit.

2) no issue with unvaccinated kids provided they travel with vaccinated adults.
even if you are on the VTL flights , also no issue.

3) you can roam around in the normal changi transit area with shops (NOT the transit holding area) and visit the lounge (if they are open, SQ lounge is open, not sure about the rest). Paxes from LHR n BKK are allowed to visit the lounge. So no issue
(however things might change due to the new variant though).

4). Refund will be based on your ticket condition. Won’t be full refund unless fully flexible tickets (but I think there will still be some charges )
Thank you very much for the detailed reply, much appreciated!
Old Dec 1, 2021, 5:02 am

Originally Posted by lvA6
Thank you very much for the detailed reply, much appreciated!
for the pre-departure test, Singapore accept PCR or ART. But you need to check with your final destination on what they accept. I think Thailand is only accepting PCR.
lvA6 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 1:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
for the pre-departure test, Singapore accept PCR or ART. But you need to check with your final destination on what they accept. I think Thailand is only accepting PCR.
yeah you’re correct, but I think this trip could be destined not to happen as both my son and wife have had Covid very recently, so it’s very possible a PCR test will come back with a positive (despite having recovered).

Think I’m going to just book the Emirates flights which can be cancelled for a cash refund, and in the interim do a couple of PCR tests (paid for, not NHS of course) on us all to see what the results being returned are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.