Search

VTL - US Excelsior Pass Plus

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA - EXP
VTL - US Excelsior Pass Plus

Hello,

I did a good search of this forum and am still confused about the answer so I'll keep it short.

Is the NY Excelsior Pass Plus recognized as vaccination proof for VTL flights?

Specifically, I'm flying LHR - SIN - AKL 12/2

Thank you!
Old Nov 29, 2021, 3:40 pm

Programs: Kettle Class
Originally Posted by mosfet
Hello,
I did a good search of this forum and am still confused about the answer so I'll keep it short.

Yes. This is specifically addressed in FAQ on the ICA's VTL website.

I quote: Please note that individuals with an Excelsior Pass issued by the New York State in United States will need to obtain an Excelsior Pass Plus, which is an SHC accepted for travel on the VTL (Air). More information on the Excelsior Pass and Excelsior Pass Plus can be found here.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2021, 7:28 pm

Programs: krisflyer, delta, united
Yes. You lucked out by being vaccinated in NY. People like me who can't obtain the stupid SMART cards are screwed and can't visit loved ones after being separated for 20+ months and counting
Old Nov 29, 2021, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by anywherebutamerica
Yes. You lucked out by being vaccinated in NY. People like me who can't obtain the stupid SMART cards are screwed and can't visit loved ones after being separated for 20+ months and counting
If it's that critical, just go get a J&J in California or New York. SFO is doing walk-up vaccinations at the airport.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 5:54 am

Programs: Alaska
is 14-days in quarantine worth 20+ months separation? LOL.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by freed0m
is 14-days in quarantine worth 20+ months separation? LOL.
actually 7 days HOME quarantine. And basically ICA does not care whether those on home SHN mixed with families or not nowadays. Only encouraged to minimize contact if there are unvaccinated elderly.

so basically you can do whatever you wan in the house.
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:34 am

Are you SC/PR? Or your family members is SC/PR?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by mosfet
Hello,

Specifically, I'm flying LHR - SIN - AKL 12/2

Thank you!

actually, if you are ONLY transiting, you do not need a digital vaccination certificate.
see below screenshots from SQ. Just a valid vaccination certificate.

however, I am not sure about the requirement for AKL though.

Old Nov 30, 2021, 7:38 am

There are multiple threads in the Coronavirus & Travel sub-forum discussing the possibility for vaccinated U.S. travelers to obtain an EU Digital Vaccine Certificate (online), which should then be accepted for a VTL application. It may be worth a try.

Old Nov 30, 2021, 11:24 am

This is a dumb question but the excelsior pass plus is the smart card right? i.e. we don't have to upload the excelsior pass plus into another app for Singapore to recognize it?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 1:13 pm

Depends on what you mean by "recognize". The Excelsior Pass Plus will be sufficient for the purposes of your VTL application. As I understand it, upon clearing immigration at arrival, you will then be required to activate the local TraceTogether app, which will indicate your vaccinated status, i.e. as entered by the immigration officer. That is the app you will use to prove status while in Singapore.

Originally Posted by bdubs7
This is a dumb question but the excelsior pass plus is the smart card right? i.e. we don't have to upload the excelsior pass plus into another app for Singapore to recognize it?
Old Nov 30, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: krisflyer, delta, united
Originally Posted by progapanda
There are multiple threads in the Coronavirus & Travel sub-forum discussing the possibility for vaccinated U.S. travelers to obtain an EU Digital Vaccine Certificate (online), which should then be accepted for a VTL application. It may be worth a try.
I paid the 30 CHF for the EUDCC to apply for the VTP. I keep getting error messages saying the QR Code can't be recognized so I wrote to the STO. Not holding my breath on these clowns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.