Wiki Posts
Search

New SQ Boeing 737-8 MAX Business Class

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2021, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Singapore Airlines
New SQ Boeing 737-8 MAX Business Class

Revealed today during a launch event at Changi.

10 Thompson Vantage seats in Business, as expected.

bpk6h, jongesander and onlySIA like this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 2:01 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Here are a few more PR pictures from Reuters's coverage

737-8Max Business Class REUTERS/Caroline Chia

737-8Max Economy Class REUTERS/Caroline Chia
It looks to me like a pretty snazzy cabin to me! Especially compared to what Cathay has on their A321neos...
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:02 am

Programs: LH HON, SQ TPPS, QR PLAT, EK SILVER, VN TITANIUM, HHilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by clubeurope
It looks to me like a pretty snazzy cabin to me! Especially compared to what Cathay has on their A321neos...
Cabin looks nice. unfortunately SQ decided to fly this crash plane - so wont test this cabin
Old Nov 16, 2021, 5:26 am

Programs: MM, Krisflyer, QFF, VFF
Fly flat in business, lie flat six foot under. Not keen on Russian roulette at FL38.

Nice cabin though.

IFE so great that pax feel the need to play Pokemon during a media event?
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 6:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Anyone know which routes these are destined for? (although I have a funny feeling I won't be able to afford them)
Old Nov 16, 2021, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Thanks for posting. Got to avoid this rather uninspired and uncomfortable looking (and probably feeling) product.
Old Nov 16, 2021, 8:39 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
I like that the meals are served before the passengers board.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 12:24 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by pWei
Thanks for posting. Got to avoid this rather uninspired and uncomfortable looking (and probably feeling) product.
For what will be largely short haul trips during day time in the Asia region, the Biz seat at least is a definite improvement. We had the MI Biz recliner seat and it was ok though not great. The aircraft though I'm still not so keen on even if it should have been reviewed and checked all over by now. Let it fly for a while. YMMV.
DiamondMile likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2022, 11:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by Agent69
Anyone know which routes these are destined for? (although I have a funny feeling I won't be able to afford them)
I checked my e-mail today and saw a flurry of flight change notifications for my SIN MLE flights. I was dreading that they had cancelled the flights, leaving a long layover. Pleasantly surprised it was just seat assignment changes. I logged into the website and saw a totally confusing seat layout. This is nothing like the really not so good business class SIN/MLE that we flew last July. Did some googleing and here we are! The main difference from what I can tell as compared to the video here is that bassinet is blocking the front 2 shared seats. The middle row 12 looks like a throne though, lots of space. Lie flat for regional J!

Last edited by sam_goh; Feb 16, 2022 at 11:21 pm
Old Jan 10, 2023, 12:55 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by clubeurope
Here are a few more PR pictures from Reuters's coverage

Anyone flown on this plane? Seems like row 41 is the first row, bulkhead before business. Does it have extra leg room?
Old Jan 10, 2023, 6:44 am

Programs: SQ Krisflyer/Star Gold, QF Gold/Oneworld Sapphire
Originally Posted by chanp
Anyone flown on this plane? Seems like row 41 is the first row, bulkhead before business. Does it have extra leg room?
Hi chanp! Yes row 41 is the first row of Y right behind the J cabin.

The first row bulkhead seats do appear to have a little more space, but on the other hand, you don't have the space under the seat in front of you to stretch your legs.

Here is a pic of the row 41 bulkhead seats...

The regular Y seats look like this...

I took those pics when I flew SQ's 737-8 from Hanoi to Singapore. I was in J, but headed back to Y to check out the Y seating. More pics of the SQ J cabin as well as Y cabin in this trip report (Link to external SQTalk site).
Cryofern likes this.

Last edited by sqyf; Jan 10, 2023 at 10:36 am
Old Jan 11, 2023, 4:14 am

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by sqyf
Hi chanp! Yes row 41 is the first row of Y right behind the J cabin.

The first row bulkhead seats do appear to have a little more space, but on the other hand, you don't have the space under the seat in front of you to stretch your legs.

Here is a pic of the row 41 bulkhead seats...

The regular Y seats look like this...

I took those pics when I flew SQ's 737-8 from Hanoi to Singapore. I was in J, but headed back to Y to check out the Y seating. More pics of the SQ J cabin as well as Y cabin in this trip report (Link to external SQTalk site).
Thanks sqyf! I'll pay for the extra space.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.