Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ7 SFO-HKG-SIN - Can leave plane in HK during layover

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2021, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Flying SQ7 SFO-HKG-SIN next week.
Are they currently allowing passengers to get off the plane in HKG during the layover?
Old Nov 10, 2021, 5:12 pm

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by mlondon
Are they currently allowing passengers to get off the plane in HKG during the layover?
I am flying on the reverse route in two days and will check, but in my case connection time is 1h so might even not be worth going out. Especially considering the following - I posted my observations in a local chat group and got following reply:

To be fair, HKG airport is a lot worse and complete sh$tshow. Changi at least still has some shops in operation at fair timings, whilst hkg is completely shuttered and entire terminal is converted into a holding station for swab registration & testing.

Coming into hkg can take min. 2 hours to 11 hours depending on how your swab results turns out and all this is while you're being detained at the airport itself!
Old Nov 13, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by mlondon
Update based on SQ8 - the other direction flight: not only pax are 'allowed' to leave the plane, they are required to do so. Even if you continue on the same flight and the same plane, everyone must exit the plane, stroll 7-10 min all the way to the end, go thru security of transit pax, go upstairs and stroll back to the same gate on departure side.

And HKG is complete Zombieland. If one thinks that Changi is empty, wait until you reach HKG. Only one coffee shop in the whole terminal was open and the only operating vending machine sells face masks.
Cryofern likes this.
Old Nov 15, 2021, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by invisible
Update based on SQ8 - the other direction flight: not only pax are 'allowed' to leave the plane, they are required to do so. Even if you continue on the same flight and the same plane, everyone must exit the plane, stroll 7-10 min all the way to the end, go thru security of transit pax, go upstairs and stroll back to the same gate on departure side.

And HKG is complete Zombieland. If one thinks that Changi is empty, wait until you reach HKG. Only one coffee shop in the whole terminal was open and the only operating vending machine sells face masks.

Thanks, this is useful. I actually like to leave the plane as it gives a chance to get some real exercise!
Old Nov 16, 2021, 3:58 pm

The last time I took this flight both ways, pre COVID, all passengers were required to leave the aircraft and reboard.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.