Community
Wiki Posts
Search

JFK SIN VTL Flight questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2021, 8:35 pm

I think it will be fine as long as you gotten the boarding pass for SQ325 in JFK n you stay in the transit area in FRA.

not so sure about about leaving FRA during transit. But guess might be ok, as long as you already gotten the boarding pass.

because all document will be check at JFK to ensure that you are able to enter SIN.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 9:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by sbs2716g
not so sure about about leaving FRA during transit. But guess might be ok, as long as you already gotten the boarding pass.
Unless something changed after covid, with the BP it is possible to go in/out of the secure area. Sometime, the fastest walking route may indeed be outside security.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 8:57 pm

Programs: SQ, QR, TP, Hilton
Does anyone know which lounge is SQ using for J passengers at JFK?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:01 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Originally Posted by hayslaunce
Does anyone know which lounge is SQ using for J passengers at JFK?
Virgin Clubhouse for all lounge eligible passengers.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: SQ, QR, TP, Hilton
Originally Posted by MainlyMiles
Virgin Clubhouse for all lounge eligible passengers.
what if Im *A G (non KFEG) and I want to guest my partner in too?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:25 pm

Programs: Singapore Airlines
Should be ok unless SIA has only contracted it for F/J pax which they sometimes do for third-party lounges. Best to check with them.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:29 pm

it's a partner lounge, so YMMV whether *A guest policy works

also, *A guest policy now says partner must be on the same flight

the Air India (*G) lounge opens until 6:30pm and would accept guesting (on same flight), but you probably can't enjoy it given the 8:30/9:30pm SQ departure timings
Old Oct 28, 2021, 9:49 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Anyone have any insight if SQ will keep Virgin Clubhouse access for all J pax now that SQ25 is returning and pax loads should increase on SQ23? Or will SQ will opt to revert to the previous JFK lounge arrangements with J pax going to the Swiss (or Wingtips?) lounge and VS Clubhouse only for F and Solitaire?
Old Oct 31, 2021, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
I think it will be fine as long as you gotten the boarding pass for SQ325 in JFK n you stay in the transit area in FRA.

because all document will be check at JFK to ensure that you are able to enter SIN.
are there transit hotels in FRA? Otherwise SQ25/SQ325 connection time is 12 hours if I recall it correctly. How can you sit in transit at FRA for that long,?
Old Oct 31, 2021, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov

are there transit hotels in FRA? Otherwise SQ25/SQ325 connection time is 12 hours if I recall it correctly. How can you sit in transit at FRA for that long,?
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Theres a mycloud transit hotel in t1 airside

VIsa permitting, you can actually enter Germany and spend time landside (there are a few landside hotels at the airport offering day rooms) or even visit downtown if you like
Otherwise spend time at lounges, some have showers (*G have access to Lufthansa senator lounge which is quite good)
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by paperwastage
Theres a mycloud transit hotel in t1 airside

VIsa permitting, you can actually enter Germany and spend time landside (there are a few landside hotels at the airport offering day rooms) or even visit downtown if you like
Otherwise spend time at lounges, some have showers (*G have access to Lufthansa senator lounge which is quite good)
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately *G so LH Senator lounge wont help ( is it open overnight?) If travelling SQ Business class i guess one could use one of the LH lounges SQ shares for its business class passengers, but wonder a) if it is open overnight and b) one could spen do much time 12+ hours in the lounge!)
Worried that going out to a landside hotel and coming back next day, might create having to check into SQ 325 again and PCR test and the risk of some issue cropping up and being stuck in FRA!!
Old Oct 31, 2021, 10:37 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
SQ25 to SQ325 is a daytime transit...arriving 9:50am, departing 9:55pm. There would not be a need to stay overnight.
Old Oct 31, 2021, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bpk6h
SQ25 to SQ325 is a daytime transit...arriving 9:50am, departing 9:55pm. There would not be a need to stay overnight.
Sorry my bad. Thanks for the info. So I guess several hours spent in airside hotel might work out perfectly. I take it SQ25/SQ325 are conveniently near the terminal hotels in T1
Old Nov 2, 2021, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
If you have your onward BP, in FRA, you could freely go between landside and airside. At least this was the pre-covid arrangement. SQ would have no way to know, and there should be no relevance to the VTL eligibility.

Senator lounge is better than the biz lounge. Visited them all before. A 12 hour connection is definitely doable - though rather boring.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.