Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SQ Lounge Heathrow

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2024, 12:46 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by THR
EDIT: United website does state that they are open until 10pm now so they have extended their hours to accommodate. That’s good news - I had wanted to visit this lounge.
That's good news indeed — I did assume the UA lounge would be closed. It operated till 10pm before COVID, and haven't for as far as I could remember after Covid. It's also the better option for a shower than the Krisflyer lounge.

I don't think the AC lounge operates that late either (both pre- and post-Covid) so if you're at T2B it's very much UA for now
​​​​​​.
THR likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 12:57 pm
THR

Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
That's good news indeed — I did assume the UA lounge would be closed. It operated till 10pm before COVID, and haven't for as far as I could remember after Covid. It's also the better option for a shower than the Krisflyer lounge.

I don't think the AC lounge operates that late either (both pre- and post-Covid) so if you're at T2B it's very much UA for now
​​​​​​.
You're right, AC lounge is closed also. It made sense for United to be closed at 6 given that is when their last flight leaves. Given this lounge is larger I guess it might be spacious if it is only open for SQ passengers.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
Apparently the SQ lounge is going to close for refurbishment real soon:

[Advisory]Our SilverKris Lounge at London Heathrow Airport Terminal 2 will be closed for refurbishment from 8 February 2024 until mid-2024. During this period, Singapore Airlines (SIA) First Class and Business Class customers, as well as PPS Club, KrisFlyer Elite Gold, and Star Alliance Gold members travelling on SIA flights, will be invited to use United Airlines’ United Club lounge at Terminal 2, located opposite Gate B46. Eligible customers may also make use of the other Star Alliance lounges located within Heathrow Airport.
About time for such a flagship route, the LHR lounge has always looked to me as rather time-warped with 1980s decor.
AndDee, THR and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 4:55 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by THR
You're right, AC lounge is closed also. It made sense for United to be closed at 6 given that is when their last flight leaves. Given this lounge is larger I guess it might be spacious if it is only open for SQ passengers.
There are a number of other *A flights (BR, ET, CA, TG, OZ, etc) that depart T2B in the evening whose pax can/will use the UA lounge as well.
THR and lsquare like this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 7:18 pm
THR

Originally Posted by bpk6h
There are a number of other *A flights (BR, ET, CA, TG, OZ, etc) that depart T2B in the evening whose pax can/will use the UA lounge as well.
Good point. I suspect the SQ lounge was busy therefore. At least the UA lounge is bigger.
lsquare likes this.
Old Feb 2, 2024, 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by THR
Good point. I suspect the SQ lounge was busy therefore. At least the UA lounge is bigger.
I'll be there next month. Personally, I've always liked the LHR SQ F lounge (I'm fortunate enough to be able to access it when flying SQ). Never really crowded, quiet, easy, not huge but reasonable selection of drinks/food, natural light. I tried the UA lounge only once...it was pre-Covid morning hours and a total zoo. But I'll be happy to try it again in the evening...flying BR so was going to check it out anyways!
THR likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2024, 4:20 am
THR

Originally Posted by bpk6h
I'll be there next month. Personally, I've always liked the LHR SQ F lounge (I'm fortunate enough to be able to access it when flying SQ). Never really crowded, quiet, easy, not huge but reasonable selection of drinks/food, natural light. I tried the UA lounge only once...it was pre-Covid morning hours and a total zoo. But I'll be happy to try it again in the evening...flying BR so was going to check it out anyways!
Will be interesting to hear your experience! Shame that you won’t get F lounge though.
bpk6h likes this.
Old Feb 5, 2024, 11:31 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, Air NZ Gold. QF Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
I usually take the evening flight and always head to the UA lounge until its closing time as I love the bar and the general ambiance of the lounge (early evening is generally quiet). Their western food selection is better IMHO than SQ too and the showers are much nicer. Glad to know that they are extending their operating hours. Also good that SQ is upgrading the LHR lounge as I find the layout a bit weird (biz lounge). Would like to see a proper bar and more differentiated seating options.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 12:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Singapore Airlines Is Planning To Refurbish Its London Heathrow Terminal 3 Lounge

https://simpleflying.com/singapore-a...irport-lounge/

The airline is investing money in its SilverKris London to ensure passengers have a brand new and better experience.
Very exciting news indeed. Hopefully, F&B will be best in class for *G lounges at LHR.
​​​​​​​
Singapore_Air likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 1MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Amex MR; Chase UR; Hertz PC; Global Entry
Originally Posted by lsquare
https://simpleflying.com/singapore-a...irport-lounge/

Very exciting news indeed. Hopefully, F&B will be best in class for *G lounges at LHR.
Pretty sure it is a Typo in the headline, and they meant to say Terminal 2

I share your hope that it is an amazing lounge once completed.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 11:23 am

Flying ANA F end of March (first F), was looking forward to spend a few hours in the SQ F lounge. I assume there is no chance of getting in to the UA GS lounge?
Old Feb 9, 2024, 1:47 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Originally Posted by Valuechaser
Flying ANA F end of March (first F), was looking forward to spend a few hours in the SQ F lounge. I assume there is no chance of getting in to the UA GS lounge?
While I'm no expert in this matter, a quick search and study reveals that the United GS LHR Lounge is just a secluded space with no real food and beverage upgrade over the current United Club which you would have access to as an ANA F passanger. I'm also subject to the unexpected and unappreciated closing of the Singapore Lounge on my upcoming flight in SQ F this month. Was looking forward to some decent food and beverage prior to boarding a flight where breakfast is the first meal; not something where airlines excel. Oh well...

Cheers,

-Cyborg
lsquare and Valuechaser like this.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 5:55 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
About time for such a flagship route, the LHR lounge has always looked to me as rather time-warped with 1980s decor.
Funny you say that because it only opened in 2015 (so not even 10 years ago!) when it moved from T3 to T2.

Indeed SQ's lounges are not its strong suit - like how CX's service isn't theirs.

Originally Posted by cyborg
While I'm no expert in this matter, a quick search and study reveals that the United GS LHR Lounge is just a secluded space with no real food and beverage upgrade over the current United Club which you would have access to as an ANA F passanger. I'm also subject to the unexpected and unappreciated closing of the Singapore Lounge on my upcoming flight in SQ F this month. Was looking forward to some decent food and beverage prior to boarding a flight where breakfast is the first meal; not something where airlines excel. Oh well...

Cheers,

-Cyborg
The United Club has an entire manned bar. You will be fine drink-wise.
Old Feb 9, 2024, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by Valuechaser
The GS lounge was once considered a *A F lounge when UA offered F class. After UA stopped offering F, I don't think it is considered any longer a *A F lounge. It is also neither listed on the *A lounge finder nor on ANA's website.
https://www.ana.co.jp/en/tw/travel-i...ounges/london/

Having said that, I don't know if any temp measures will be in place while the SQ F lounge is closed.
lsquare likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2024, 12:45 am

FYI...from the UA board re Suites/F pax @ LHR
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/36042434-post1294.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.