Wiki Posts
Search

Membership and Miles Extension

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2021, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF, Marriott Bonvoy, GA Miles, QR Privilege
Membership and Miles Extension

From https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...020renewal-kf/ it is mentioned that tier membership and miles will be extended/be rolled over for another year.
My *G membership will expire in May 2021 and some of my KF miles will expire every month between Aug-2021 and Feb-2022. Meanwhile I may need those miles in Nov-2021 to book an award seat for Nov-22 trip.

Is my understand correct if I have nothing to do that both my membership and expiring miles will be extended/be rolled over at least on 01 June 2021? So therefore I am still able to use it in Nov-21. Although, there is a statement that recrediting miles to new expiration date take two months.

I am looking forward some advice and comment from all the expert here.
Thanks in advance!!
Old Jun 4, 2021, 11:34 pm

SIA has been generous with the miles and status extension but they need to look at broader competitive landscape and introduce non expiration miles for Krisflyer members as they already have this for PPS Club members.

As for status extension, they provided some relief earlier on in the crisis but they have now introduced the unlock status credit without flying campaign which is a good way for members to interact with the programme whilst grounded. The current campaign is second in the series of perhaps a few more to come given current situation.

From my observation and feedback, they seem to have take feedback from the first campaign which fell short on the duration and how some of the partner programmes (for example, ineligibility of co-branded credit card status accrual - this is now fixed) but then there are other partners like foodpanda which makes it impossible to earn status credit unless you are willing to spend S$500 on a single transaction (this is due to minimum 500 miles transfer rule where foodpanda doesn’t allow its users to accrue points like Grab).

Overall, a good campaign allowing members to accumulate those status credit whilst stuck on the ground.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.