Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Flying SQ in times of Covid - experiences

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying SQ in times of Covid - experiences

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2022, 7:52 am
Accor Contributor Badge

I assume masks are pretty much enforced then in Premium Economy if people in Business are being woken up for it?
Rookie2014 likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: QF gold, HH Diamond, VA plat, Aegean Gold
Has pre departure beverage in business being removed from the service or did I just get a lazy crew?
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old May 16, 2022, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by wtcmor
Has pre departure beverage in business being removed from the service or did I just get a lazy crew?
In all my trips post COVID they're not proactively offered, but if you request they'd get one to you.
Old May 16, 2022, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by kumarshah
I assume masks are pretty much enforced then in Premium Economy if people in Business are being woken up for it?
I would think so, as it's more "obviously visible" if you're not wearing one while sitting, as compared to lying flat which requires crew to look into your seat nook.
Old May 18, 2022, 6:34 pm

Same. No pre-departure drinks on a SIN-BKK morning flight. For the food service, no garlic bread either, just some cold croissants and buns, and no dessert.
I'm taking TG next time
Armchair Flyer likes this.
Old May 18, 2022, 7:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by concept|infinit
Same. No pre-departure drinks on a SIN-BKK morning flight. For the food service, no garlic bread either, just some cold croissants and buns, and no dessert.
I'm taking TG next time
Please let us know about TG , might just be worse

On SQ 26 next week , we shall see 🤞🏻
concept|infinit likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 12:06 am

In the last few months flew with them on 4 sectors in J - long and short haul - and the experience was generally good.

It's clearly visible though that the intra-Asian experience is different from long haul - not as good, limited service, crew don't seem as keen to keep the drinks flowing, amenity kits not provided unless asked etc.
Having said that it's hard to find a competitor on intra-Asian routes. If you know of any, let me know. as I want to try them soon. TG wouldn't be it and I have heard they have really gone downhill recently so unless the fare is superb, I won't be taking that risk.

Coming back to SQ, I don't like the fact there are no menus and you have to log in with your phone to view one (as I remember). I didn't bother and asked the crew to let me know what was available but it definitely is not the same as having a physical menu with a little bit of description, wine list etc etc. always enjoyed that part.

Regarding muzzles, other than 1 sincere request from the cabin crew on an intra-asian flight nobody bothered me with it at all and I can confidently say that 99.9% of all my flights are spent without it while sitting, standing, going to toilet and back, God forbid sleeping!

Worst of all is getting hold of the customer service in case anything goes wrong or you need to rebook your flight. I do remember calling 2-3 times in a row with a wait time of well over 1 hour to learn that someone I need to talk to is not available. Messages over Instagram or FB often not replied to with multiple follow ups required.
Old May 19, 2022, 2:09 am

Programs: Skywards, KrisFlyer, Flying Blue, BAEC but only till I’ve used all my Avios, Thai Orchid
Originally Posted by pete_ncl
Worst of all is getting hold of the customer service in case anything goes wrong or you need to rebook your flight. I do remember calling 2-3 times in a row with a wait time of well over 1 hour to learn that someone I need to talk to is not available. Messages over Instagram or FB often not replied to with multiple follow ups required.
Agreed. For an airline such as SIA to put it’s customers through this utter hellhole of misery then have nothing in answer from the agent you are talking to except “Computer says No” is demoralising. Even budget carriers do this simple change online. I cannot figure out for the life of me why SIA cannot (well, I can actually, if you get d*cked about enough then get told you have to pay double what you already paid you’ll cancel your flight and give them money for nothing)

C’est honteux.

AF
Old May 19, 2022, 6:16 am

I don't like the fact there are no menus and you have to log in with your phone to view one (as I remember). I didn't bother and asked the crew to let me know what was available but it definitely is not the same as having a physical menu with a little bit of description, wine list etc etc. always enjoyed that part.
Indeed the absence of a hard copy menu is something that I'm beginning to miss badly. In my last flight, when I woke up a few hours after the first meal to see what's on the menu, I simply couldn't - because the plane was flying over countries where the onboard wifi wasn't able to operate. Some crew may have the foresight to download or take a screenshot of the onboard menu beforehand. Others may only rely on internal cocktail ingredient lists - which may not always be updated to reflect what's in the actual onboard menu.

So a pro tip would be to take a screenshot of the entire digital menu yourself upon departure. Even so, on certain flights, entire sections of the digital menu such as drinks may be missing completely due to technical issue with its loading.
Old May 19, 2022, 6:52 am

On another note, does anyone know when the Private Room is reopening? All I was told is "in a few weeks we will make an announcement".

Is there any footage of the first class section in the business class lounge on this forum?

I do remember I have come across something before yet cannot find it now...
Old May 19, 2022, 8:08 am

Programs: SQ TPPS/*G, Starlux Explorer, (Almost Lifetime) Hyatt Globalist
On another note, does anyone know when the Private Room is reopening? All I was told is "in a few weeks we will make an announcement".

Is there any footage of the first class section in the business class lounge on this forum?

I do remember I have come across something before yet cannot find it now...
the thread is right near the top with an update today on the opening

Private Room - Renovation Status?
onlySIA likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 9:12 am

Programs: QF, SQ, VA. Marriott Plat
SQ350 900 ULR EWR - sin

Hi, anyone very recently done this flight and can tell me which of the business galleys upfront are used most? Is it the first forward gallery or the second galley between the 2J sectors? Currently I have seat 10 A but this may need to change if it’s right next to the noisy fwd galley. Many thanks
Old May 19, 2022, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by Anna101
Hi, anyone very recently done this flight and can tell me which of the business galleys upfront are used most? Is it the first forward gallery or the second galley between the 2J sectors? Currently I have seat 10 A but this may need to change if it’s right next to the noisy fwd galley. Many thanks
It's the second galley where most prep is done. And if any prep is ever done in the forward galley it's on upper the right side in front of the aircraft door. The center section of the front galley is not for food prep.
Anna101 likes this.
Old May 19, 2022, 10:25 am

Programs: QF, SQ, VA. Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by bpk6h
It's the second galley where most prep is done. And if any prep is ever done in the forward galley it's on upper the right side in front of the aircraft door. The center section of the front galley is not for food prep.
great news, thanks bpk6h
(It’s just that mainly miles which is usually pretty reliable for SQ said that on the ultra long-range A350 900, that the front galley is used).
Old May 19, 2022, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Anna101
great news, thanks bpk6h
(It’s just that mainly miles which is usually pretty reliable for SQ said that on the ultra long-range A350 900, that the front galley is used).
I've been on the ULR a number of times and this is what I recall...I'm on SQ21 in a few days and will double check. Ironically, I'm in 19K but would prefer 10A or 11K but both were taken when I booked.
Anna101 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.