Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

How to book difficult award with stopover at first availability (end of schedule)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to book difficult award with stopover at first availability (end of schedule)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2021, 8:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
How to book 3 award seats

I've noticed that Singapore doesn't release more than 2 saver awards at a time. Have people had luck getting additional seats at a later date?

Last edited by kamadzu4; Feb 23, 2021 at 8:13 pm
Old Feb 25, 2021, 1:21 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by kamadzu4
I've noticed that Singapore doesn't release more than 2 saver awards at a time. Have people had luck getting additional seats at a later date?
I don't know the answer to this, but I "solved" this problem by booking 2 of us on one day and 1 on the next. Not ideal, but better than nothing (or worse than nothing: putting one person in economy on a US-SIN flight).

I've read a lot about SQ's waitlists but there were very few waitlist seats available at the end of the schedule for the routes I was looking at. I don't know if this has to do with Covid weirdness (they know their schedules and planes used on a route are going to change, so why bother waitlisting people) or whether this is just normal for SQ.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by kamadzu4
1) Either waitlist and try your luck
I've had two F saver waitlist clearing despite having 1 passenger already booked in F advantage (same passenger as cleared for F saver). Still a total of 2 F savers released.
F (77W), turns out to have 1 other passenger, so 3/4 occupied.

2) 3rd person flies on different flight, as mentioned by snic. Then you can hope either flight gets cancelled, and you can force them to open up the F saver for you.

3) Book F advantage for 3rd person.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.