Community
Wiki Posts
Search

In Singapore, advice sought

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:28 pm

Arrow

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
as per separate post ANA is still selling SIN-NRT-LAX-SEA or SIN-NRT-SFO-SEA. Seem to have a flight every two days. Not sure why u mention it is cancelled ?
The flight to Seattle was cancelled. I had flight NH118/NH117 booked SIN->TYO->SEA booked for 21 May, and then the flight was cancelled. It is now suspended until 01 June, 2020. Due to medical problem with my eyes, it is very difficult for me to do that many stopovers on multi-flights over multi-days as well my aviophobia that causes me to have panic attacks. The shorter the route the better. This is the difficult situation.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 9:30 pm

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Mlee888
Given some suggestions via the Q&A thread. Not sure how doable those are but JAL and Eva Air might still be operating to Seattle. Worth a look.
EVA was my first plan, but Taiwan banned transit passage in March, and has kept extending the ban.. now the last update is that transit passage through Taiwan is banned "indefinitely" :-( It's really sad. I like EVA's 777-300ERs.. and it would have been a good route from Singapore to Seattle with a stopover in TPE.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by treepuppy
The flight to Seattle was cancelled. I had flight NH118/NH117 booked SIN->TYO->SEA booked for 21 May, and then the flight was cancelled. It is now suspended until 01 June, 2020. Due to medical problem with my eyes, it is very difficult for me to do that many stopovers on multi-flights over multi-days as well my aviophobia that causes me to have panic attacks. The shorter the route the better. This is the difficult situation.
then maybe u can fly to LAX/SFO. Stay for a few days before flying the last sector.
no matter what , u definitely have to fly over the pacific in one day (since can’t enter japan).

Frankly speaking , there is no guarantee that Flight to Seattle will open up in June as well.

Alternatively there is flight from SIN-ICN-SEA on 15/5 by Korean air n delta. But not sure will be canceled or not.
FlyingSloth likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2020, 9:55 pm

then maybe u can fly to LAX/SFO. Stay for a few days before flying the last sector.
no matter what , u definitely have to fly over the pacific in one day (since can’t enter japan).

Frankly speaking , there is no guarantee that Flight to Seattle will open up in June as well.

Alternatively there is flight from SIN-ICN-SEA on 15/5 by Korean air n delta. But not sure will be canceled or not.
It's a hard situation. I have two kids in the Philippines who miss their Dad. I want to get to the Philippines.. but cannot. I have my girlfriend in Singapore, she doesn't want to see me have to go. So leaving 5 days earlier on 15/5 would be hard. I wanna try to stay the full duration of my visa. It sucks. What a crappy situation where every country in the world is closed and 98% of flights are cancelled. I'd be more than willing to do a COVID-19 test on arrival and a quarantine.. it's just extraordinarily sad that everything has to be shut down for everyone. How much longer can the world economy and humanity drag on like this? /end sad rant
craig44485 likes this.
Old May 1, 2020, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by treepuppy
It's a hard situation. I have two kids in the Philippines who miss their Dad. I want to get to the Philippines.. but cannot. I have my girlfriend in Singapore, she doesn't want to see me have to go. So leaving 5 days earlier on 15/5 would be hard. I wanna try to stay the full duration of my visa. It sucks. What a crappy situation where every country in the world is closed and 98% of flights are cancelled. I'd be more than willing to do a COVID-19 test on arrival and a quarantine.. it's just extraordinarily sad that everything has to be shut down for everyone. How much longer can the world economy and humanity drag on like this? /end sad rant
I agree with sbs2716g in the post on the other thread where you do need to balance flexibility in your situation as frankly speaking there are others in a far worse situation than you are in at the moment.

You do have options available but you choose not to take those because it doesn’t suit your personal needs.

Philippines is completely locked down at the moment too so unless there’s a huge change in circumstances, you won’t be able to go to Manila and then return to Singapore for a while.

As you are here on a tourist visa in Singapore that’s already been extended, you should listen to the advice of your government and get home whilst you can, especially if the local authorities here won’t let you remain - especially whilst you do see options available too.

Understand there’s a fear of flying for that length of time, go see a doctor and see if they can prescribe you something to keep you calm throughout the flight if your only option is the ULH. The cabin crew will also help too as you won’t be the first person to be in this situation.

Agree it is tough but for the sake of leaving 5 days early.....balance the flexibility and then return when situation improves. I’m sure plenty of folks would prefer to be in your dilemma than not an option to return back to their home countries.

Last edited by Mlee888; May 1, 2020 at 7:52 pm
Old May 1, 2020, 10:06 am

Not sure whether ICA will give further extension. Can’t give the reason of no flight while SQ is still showing the option to SEA via LAX. Maybe you can try to extend now.

Anyway there is also flight to SEA via Korea on 21/5.
Around S$1200 from delta airlines.

Mlee888 likes this.
Old May 2, 2020, 11:54 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
The Philippines has just announced indefinite closure of their airports to commercial flights effective from today, 3 May. Their quarantine facilities are overwhelmed by returning citizens. I know of a couple in SG who've been waiting since March to go home.
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/philippines-shuts-airports-to-commercial-flights-after-returnees-overwhelm-quarantine

The Manila International Airport Authority (MIAA) said in a post on its Facebook page on Saturday (May 2) that all commercial flights "to and from the Philippines" had been suspended starting 8am on Sunday.

It did not say how long the ban would last.

Flights carrying cargo and medical supplies, as well as "utility and maintenance flights", would continue, it said.
Old May 5, 2020, 11:16 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles DM, CX GO, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by fimo
The Philippines has just announced indefinite closure of their airports to commercial flights effective from today, 3 May. Their quarantine facilities are overwhelmed by returning citizens. I know of a couple in SG who've been waiting since March to go home.
https://www.rappler.com/nation/25975...ing-may-3-2020
https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2...ed-until-may-8
Galvez explained the flight ban aims to stop the spread of COVID-19 and to protect returning OFWs. He said around 20,000 OFWs are undergoing quarantine in Metro Manila. "This decision is meant to decongest our quarantine facilities to protect our people by preventing the further spread of COVID-19 and also ensure that our overseas Filipino workers are well taken cared of when they arrive from abroad," Galvez said. "The new flight restriction is only temporary and will be implemented for one week to give the government the opportunity to decongest the quarantine facilities in Metro Manila," he added.
Old May 6, 2020, 2:33 am

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Phew. A week is a reasonable hold for alleviating the pressure on their facilities.

Thanks for that update!
craig44485 likes this.
Old May 8, 2020, 12:46 pm

Not sure whether ICA will give further extension. Can’t give the reason of no flight while SQ is still showing the option to SEA via LAX. Maybe you can try to extend now.

Anyway there is also flight to SEA via Korea on 21/5.
Around S$1200 from delta airlines.

I’m wondering what plan OP decided to go through with in the end....I see some lockdown measures easing in countries but nothing on the skies though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.