Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Advice needed: Contacting SQ in this time

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2020, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Hi FlyerTalkers,

I've tried calling SQ now three times (re. the new block from passengers transiting through SIN on flights from Germany-Australia). My flight is on Sunday GDN-MUC-SIN-SYD booked directly with SQ. Each time I stay on hold for exactly 1hr20mins and then it gets cut off. I don't know what else to do. I've tried also writing to them on Facebook, but no replies there either. Would appreciate any suggestions how to contact them! If no-one can transit through SIN airport now, no idea what to do to contact them! Advice appreciated so much with thanks.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:16 am

Programs: HH, VA, QF, SQ, Air NZ
Originally Posted by maestro1981
Hi FlyerTalkers,

I've tried calling SQ now three times (re. the new block from passengers transiting through SIN on flights from Germany-Australia). My flight is on Sunday GDN-MUC-SIN-SYD booked directly with SQ. Each time I stay on hold for exactly 1hr20mins and then it gets cut off. I don't know what else to do. I've tried also writing to them on Facebook, but no replies there either. Would appreciate any suggestions how to contact them! If no-one can transit through SIN airport now, no idea what to do to contact them! Advice appreciated so much with thanks.
I haven't seen any restrictions from Singapore and there is nothing listed on the Australian Immigration pages
https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/news-...el-coronavirus

Do you have a link to the new block?

Edit - it just occurred to me - are you an Italian national? I am on mobile and cannot see your base. The Australian restriction is based on nationality and location for the past 14 days.

Last edited by FlossieFlyer; Mar 13, 2020 at 6:22 am
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:22 am

Copied from another thread
Border restrictions

7. Given the increase in imported cases from European countries, we are putting in place new border restrictions.

a. From 15 March 2020, 2359 hours, all new visitors with recent travel history to Italy, France, Spain and Germany within the last 14 days will not be allowed entry into Singapore, or transit through Singapore.

b. From 15 March 2020, 2359 hours, the following groups will be issued with a Stay-Home Notice (SHN):

i. Residents (Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents) with recent travel history to Italy, France, Spain and Germany within the last 14 days; and

ii. Long-term pass holders (including work passes, Student’s Pass, Dependant’s Pass, and Long-term Visit Pass) with recent travel history to Italy, France, Spain and Germany within the last 14 days.

8. Persons under SHN will have to remain in their place of residence at all times for 14 days after returning to Singapore.

9. As previously announced, residents and long-term pass holders returning from mainland China (outside Hubei province2), Iran, and the Republic of Korea will continue to be issued a 14-day SHN upon return to Singapore.

10. All these border restrictions are temporary, and will be reviewed regularly based on the global situation.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:26 am

Ah..so it is into SIN that is the issue not into Australia.
I missed that part of the equation.
Sorry, I am of no further help then.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:29 am

Hi FlyerTalkers,

Do you have travel insurance?
Being so close that may be your only saving grace.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:34 am
Original Poster

Dear FlossieFlyer,

Originally Posted by FlossieFlyer
Do you have a link to the new block?
are you an Italian national?
Here is the information on the new block: https://www.gov.sg/article/covid-19-...ring-singapore

No, I'm an Australian citizen )) I have been in Poland for the past month.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Firemansam
Do you have travel insurance?
Being so close that may be your only saving grace.
Yes I do, but spoke to them. Coronavirus restrictions are not covered as it's now a pandemic. I might be covered if the flight was actually cancelled, but it is not. I just can't take it because I'm not a Singapore national.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:38 am

Dear FlossieFlyer,

Here is the information on the new block: https://www.gov.sg/article/covid-19-...ring-singapore

No, I'm an Australian citizen )) I have been in Poland for the past month.
I did not realise about the SIN part of the equation with their transit policy.
Can you change to an earlier flight? Or a refund? There are no restrictions on Australians returning home from anywhere, even if they have been in a high risk area. But the SIN transit is the issue.

You might have this but here is a number I found on another thread on +65 6223 8888.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:41 am
Original Poster

I did not realise about the SIN part of the equation with their transit policy.
Can you change to an earlier flight? Or a refund? There are no restrictions on Australians returning home from anywhere, even if they have been in a high risk area. But the SIN transit is the issue.
That was the whole question in my original post (sorry, if I did not write clearly). I cannot get onto Singapore Airlines. I am now on hold for the 4th time! Every time I call, I'm on hold for exactly 1hr20mins and then it cuts off. No one is answering. Also tried contacting them on Facebook and by email. Nothing.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:53 am

Another number I found was for the US.
+1 800-742-3333
[email protected]

Good luck with getting home.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Another number I found was for the US.
+1 800-742-3333
[email protected]

Good luck with getting home.
Thank you so much. I'll try that number when I next get cut off haha. Appreciate your help VERY much!
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:37 am

U have not stay at Germany right for the past 14 days?
From SQ website, the alternative is connect via CPH from GDN. (6am departure from GDN).

I think maybe you need to standby some flight options n propose to the agent once u get through. Instead of waiting for the agent to search.

Are u calling the Singapore contact Centre ?
are u able to call the Poland contact Centre? Or visit their office ?

Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
U have not stay at Germany right for the past 14 days?
From SQ website, the alternative is connect via CPH from GDN. (6am departure from GDN).
I think maybe you need to standby some flight options n propose to the agent once u get through. Instead of waiting for the agent to search.
Are u calling the Singapore contact Centre ?
are u able to call the Poland contact Centre? Or visit their office ?
Dear sbs2716g,

Thank you for your advice )) Appreciated!

No, I have not been in Germany at all, only Poland.

Yes, I have a list of options written down, including transferring to flights via CPH, MUC or FRA tomorrow instead of Sunday, or via CPH on Sunday.

Yes, calling the Singapore centre. I've also tried the Polish number but not getting through either. Unfortunately, I am in Gdańsk, so impossible to get to the office in Warsaw, but I have emailed them also.

If I can't get through soon, maybe my best option is to just book a completely new flight and lose the other flight. Ouch.
Old Mar 13, 2020, 7:58 am

Dear sbs2716g,

Thank you for your advice )) Appreciated!

No, I have not been in Germany at all, only Poland.

Yes, I have a list of options written down, including transferring to flights via CPH, MUC or FRA tomorrow instead of Sunday, or via CPH on Sunday.

Yes, calling the Singapore centre. I've also tried the Polish number but not getting through either. Unfortunately, I am in Gdańsk, so impossible to get to the office in Warsaw, but I have emailed them also.

If I can't get through soon, maybe my best option is to just book a completely new flight and lose the other flight. Ouch.
Is this a one way ticket ? Or part of return ticket ? Not sure about the price u paid. But what I have look at current price is not that expensive for Y (around 3000PLN) or even Business class. (Around 9000PLN) for one way to Syd.

you won’t lose the other flight. Can submit online for refunds. Citing the travel restrictions.
But maybe u might lost some money due to the price of the new ticket. Just submit this form before your flight. Put in whatever details n maybe the new ticket ref (if u buy new ticket) n see whether they can give u back the fare difference or not).

https://www.singaporeair.com/request.form
Old Mar 13, 2020, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g
Is this a one way ticket ? Or part of return ticket ? Not sure about the price u paid. But what I have look at current price is not that expensive for Y (around 3000PLN) or even Business class. (Around 9000PLN) for one way to Syd.

you won’t lose the other flight. Can submit online for refunds. Citing the travel restrictions.
But maybe u might lost some money due to the price of the new ticket. Just submit this form before your flight. Put in whatever details n maybe the new ticket ref (if u buy new ticket) n see whether they can give u back the fare difference or not).

https://www.singaporeair.com/request.form
Dear sbs2716g,

Thank you again )) You don't have to help, but you are, and I appreciate that!

It is the first part of a return ticket. I paid 6,500PLN. I think I might do what you say. I'll keep trying to get onto them, and if not, I'll book the other flight and HOPE they refund the other one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.