Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Hassle-free to claim Krisflyer miles for bookings with Star Alliance airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hassle-free to claim Krisflyer miles for bookings with Star Alliance airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:16 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Getting (or not getting) miles has nothing to do with OTAs.

In fact unless the fare is significantly cheaper through the OTA or I was doing a complex routing involving multiple airlines I’d avoid OTAs because of 2 reasons - huge change/cancellation fees & restrictions over and above what the airlines charge and I’d be lower in the pecking order in case of IRROPS unless I had status.
Finally I received my missing miles from Krisflyer for my Business class flight after a time consuming and cumbersome process!

Just to share about another disappointing incident on Krisflyer's service on claiming back missing miles... My sister was kind enough and too polite in her email enquiries to KF Contact (Krisflyer Customer Service) for the same Swiss Air's Business class flight we took together in April 2019. She provided the emial ticket confirmation to ease the processing but she is unable to provide the boarding pass to Krisflyer as she didn't keep a copy of any of the return flights. This is because Swiss Air does not require Business class passengers to do online check in and the airlines checks in the passengers automatically one day before the flight. However, the rigid Krisflyer insisted my sister to provide boarding pass, otherwise KF is unable to credit the missing miles. Oh My! Not sure why Krisflyer provides such shody service to the passengers... It appears like KF does not welcome the passengers to claim missing miles with their alliance airlines and makes the claim process to be so painful and inefficient. If that is the case, why would Krisflyer joined Star Alliance?!
Thought of sharing these terrible experience with Krisflyer and alert fellow travellers to be more careful when dealing with Krisflyer...
Old Jun 20, 2019, 10:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Getting (or not getting) miles has nothing to do with OTAs.

In fact unless the fare is significantly cheaper through the OTA or I was doing a complex routing involving multiple airlines I’d avoid OTAs because of 2 reasons - huge change/cancellation fees & restrictions over and above what the airlines charge and I’d be lower in the pecking order in case of IRROPS unless I had status.
Answer to PiperAtGatesofDawn's comment unless the fare is significantly cheaper through OTA, Yes! It was way cheaper booking through OTA (S$150 less) for the same itinerary when I compared the fare for direct booking with airlines or booking through OTA. With the painful experiences on missing miles claiming process with Krisflyer I have shared earlier, it is definitely worthwhile to book through OTA, Expedia than book direct with airlines.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theremarkableflyer
so OTA is not the best way to get the miles?
I have recently updated in #15 my sister's experience with Krisflyer in claiming back missing miles for an eligible booking class.
To be honest, I am not against direct booking with the airlines or the alliance partners as I always believe there will be unique benefits for this group of passengers for booking direct. However, the terrible way of Krisflyer handling missing miles with eligible booking class really pushes me towards booking through OTA. It is a sharing session and for the benefits for all fellow travellers, you may have a different view and experience =)

Perhaps it is time for Singapore Air and Krisflyer to review its quality control and pricing mechanism.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.