Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Can I request transfer between SQ and CX?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2019, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

I have a flight booked on SQ1 from SFO to HKG and a separate flight going from HKG to Hangzhou on CX. So I will be transiting in HKIA but can I have the checkin luggage checked all the way to Hangzhou? Or do I have to pick up the luggage at HKG and then check them back in at the transfer desk in HKG? I have about 5 hours in between the two flights so time is not critical but it would be convenient.
Old May 18, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k, AA Plat
Yes, SQ is very accomodating in this regard
Old May 18, 2019, 8:37 pm
Original Poster

Should I just ask at check in? TIA!
Originally Posted by Unionruler
Yes, SQ is very accomodating in this regard
Old May 18, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: WoH Glob, HH Diamond, Bonvoy Titanium
Yes, all you can do is ask at check in and hope they can accommodate you. If you were leaving from somewhere in Asia I would feel your chances were higher, I have had mixed results with the check in at SFO.
Old May 18, 2019, 9:37 pm
Original Poster

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.