Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Scoot to Singapore Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A KF GOLD , HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Jade, Marriot/SPG Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Radisson Gold
Scoot to Singapore Airlines

Hi guys, not sure if anyone has the same experience, I am due to fly Scoot from SYD to SIN but scoot decided to charter a flight from SQ and i will be flying on SQ metal. Does anyone here have any experience on it? if there will be 20kg free baggage and if KF Gold works here ? ( Since I am on a SQ metal)
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:58 pm

There is a few thread here. You can read through.
One of the thread as below

SQ8122

Last edited by sbs2716g; Apr 10, 2019 at 9:04 pm
Old Apr 10, 2019, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: *A KF GOLD , HHonors Diamond, Shangri-la Jade, Marriot/SPG Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Radisson Gold
Thank you for the information,
Although that didnt really answer my question nor did anyone has a similar experience it is still good to know.

I will be really keen to see if star alliance gold benefits works on this and if there is any baggage benefits still! or free baggage for flyscoot passenger without purchasing baggage.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:11 pm

Originally Posted by swordie
Thank you for the information,
Although that didnt really answer my question nor did anyone has a similar experience it is still good to know.

I will be really keen to see if star alliance gold benefits works on this and if there is any baggage benefits still! or free baggage for flyscoot passenger without purchasing baggage.
Star alliance Gold won’t work for this flight. It is a scoot charter flight.
As for luggage I am not sure. They did not mention anything in their email to you?
RTWFF likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 11:30 pm

All benefits remain as if it were a Scoot flight, no free bag, no lounge access etc. The only difference is onboard - SQ hard product obviously - no IFE though and no BoB - you'll be given a free meal and water/juice instead
RTWFF and kevinoh like this.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:06 am

Try to bid for a ScootBiz seat if flying in economy. I paid 100 USD and was upgraded to angle flat singapore airlines business class seat.

Also, you receive a Singapore Airlines business class boarding pass. I didn't have time to try it in the lounge but please report back!
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:33 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by GlobeTrotOnPoints
Try to bid for a ScootBiz seat if flying in economy.
How do you did this? I must admit I've always ignored Scoot as I miss out on all my *A Gold privileges (which I know I wouldn't get with ScootBiz but the seat might be worthwhile)
Old Apr 11, 2019, 8:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by RTWFF
How do you did this? I must admit I've always ignored Scoot as I miss out on all my *A Gold privileges (which I know I wouldn't get with ScootBiz but the seat might be worthwhile)
Here's the link https://bid4biz.flyscoot.com/tz/standbys/up

I bid last month at the lowest available option and I did get the upgrade, but then I also already prepaid for my meal and also selected a ScootinSilence seat in advance so that may have helped.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:18 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
Originally Posted by indo79
Here's the link https://bid4biz.flyscoot.com/tz/standbys/up. I bid last month at the lowest available option and I did get the upgrade, but then I also already prepaid for my meal and also selected a ScootinSilence seat in advance so that may have helped.
Thanks. As you can earn KF points according to the $ you spend at Scoot, I wonder if that includes what you pay for the upgrade
Old Apr 12, 2019, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by GlobeTrotOnPoints

Also, you receive a Singapore Airlines business class boarding pass. I didn't have time to try it in the lounge but please report back!
ex-SIN the check in agent crossed out the lounge text, so I am pretty sure that you wouldn't gain entry sadly
RTWFF likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:50 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sbs2716g

Star alliance Gold won’t work for this flight. It is a scoot charter flight.
As for luggage I am not sure. They did not mention anything in their email to you?
I guess having a SQ ticket with ur gold card works for lounge? not sure.
I will update everyone here haha.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:54 am
QG

Programs: QF WP, SQ TPPS
Just did the trip SQ8111 SIN-PER on a chartered SQ A330. Despite what the check in person said (and the lounge invitation printed on the BP), we tried but were denied lounge entry as expected. Luggage is as per Scoot, not SQ allowance. We booked Scoot Biz so got the run of the empty J section (there were 3 other people besides us). It was nice to have lie flat seats, but the meal was standard Scoot nasi-lemak with a plastic cup of water. IFE was turned on in J (can't speak for econ), but we would have had complimentary access in Scoot Biz anyway.

So all in all, expect what you'd normally get with Scoot (no more/no less) and the hard product is a nice bonus.
Old Apr 18, 2019, 4:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by QG
Just did the trip SQ8111 SIN-PER on a chartered SQ A330. Despite what the check in person said (and the lounge invitation printed on the BP), we tried but were denied lounge entry as expected. Luggage is as per Scoot, not SQ allowance. We booked Scoot Biz so got the run of the empty J section (there were 3 other people besides us). It was nice to have lie flat seats, but the meal was standard Scoot nasi-lemak with a plastic cup of water. IFE was turned on in J (can't speak for econ), but we would have had complimentary access in Scoot Biz anyway.

So all in all, expect what you'd normally get with Scoot (no more/no less) and the hard product is a nice bonus.
Thanks for the information! it really helps.. it confirms what others have said about Scoot Biz not being able to get lounge.
I wonder if *A Gold members can still go to lounge with the SQ ticket, happy to go for thaiairways lounge anytime
Old Apr 20, 2019, 12:46 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, UA2MM, QF Platinum, VA Platinum., Volare Executive Club
Originally Posted by QG
Just did the trip SQ8111 SIN-PER on a chartered SQ A330. Despite what the check in person said (and the lounge invitation printed on the BP), we tried but were denied lounge entry as expected.
I'm booked on TR2 Scootbiz SIN-SYD next month. Haven't had an email yet, but ExpertFlyer shows a 772 seatmap (1-2-1) for the flight (SQ8121)

As I'll be at Changi very early (arriving on QZ from Jakarta) I was wondering if early check-in for SQ8121 would be possible using the SQ desks.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Old Apr 21, 2019, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by swordie
Hi guys, not sure if anyone has the same experience, I am due to fly Scoot from SYD to SIN but scoot decided to charter a flight from SQ and i will be flying on SQ metal. Does anyone here have any experience on it? if there will be 20kg free baggage and if KF Gold works here ? ( Since I am on a SQ metal)
I would have thought if you were chartering a flight (i.e. hiring the plane), you will be able to take as much luggage as the flight would be able to carry whether you are KF Gold or not.
Say you are flying the A380 there are up to 471 seats so times by 30kg (allowance for Economy) you would get 14,130 kg allowance

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.