Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

Check-in counter operation hours Dubai T1

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2019, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: TP Gold, *G Star Alliance

Hey guys, I'm currently in Dubai T1 waiting for my SQ flight, but arrived early at the airport and since I have luggage to check, I did my homework and went to SQ website yesterday and checked the operation hours of the check-in counter where they stated it was open from 4:30 AM - 12 AM. After I arrived in the airport I was told they would only open the check-in counter 3 hours before the flight. Is this the regular procedure? Why would SQ advertise something that is not true in their own website?
Old Mar 2, 2019, 7:21 am

I check SQ website n it mention the counter open 3 hours before departure. Did not mention that it open from 430am. I think you see it wrongly as the timing stated is actually for Changi Airport.
Old Mar 2, 2019, 10:30 am

Dubai - SQ opens check in for flights 3 hours before departure only.

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/s...unter-checkin/
Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA OWS, VS Gold, IHG Diamond Amb, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by milfweed20
Hey guys, I'm currently in Dubai T1 waiting for my SQ flight, but arrived early at the airport and since I have luggage to check, I did my homework and went to SQ website yesterday and checked the operation hours of the check-in counter where they stated it was open from 4:30 AM - 12 AM. After I arrived in the airport I was told they would only open the check-in counter 3 hours before the flight. Is this the regular procedure? Why would SQ advertise something that is not true in their own website?
It does say 3 hours before departure. I hope you weren't reading SIN's details instead!

Although you are right that there are some things which aren't true on the website - if you have checked baggage, LHR's 45 minutes won't cut it - instead, it's an hour for LHR. Got to the counter an hour and a few minutes before a flight and the ground agents were rushing me to get to a counter and told me check-in was closing soon
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:41 pm

Programs: SQ TPP, LH SEN
Originally Posted by MeltingAlf
It does say 3 hours before departure. I hope you weren't reading SIN's details instead!
Those aren't SQ's SIN check-in operating hours either so it's a bit curious where the OP might have gotten his information from. Suffice to say few airlines would have extended counter hours outside of their hub. SQ does open very early ex-JFK (6hrs), otherwise 3hrs seems to be the norm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.