Wiki Posts
Search

Flights showing prices but greyed out

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2019, 1:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Flights showing prices but greyed out

I'm trying to book a flight on www.singaporeair.com. Several of the flight options are greyed out even though the show a price. I tried various different desktop browsers with the same result.

Screen shot -

On a mobile browser I was able to go all the way till the booking page and got the following error -

The flights selected are not a valid combination for this itinerary. Please change your flights selection.

Any tips on how I can book?

Thanks!

Last edited by piyush; Feb 2, 2019 at 1:41 am
Old Feb 2, 2019, 4:33 am
Ambassador: Air New Zealand

Programs: NZ Elite, EK Gold, Qatar Gold, Amex Plat, Accor Gold, Hilton Gold
Make a phone call to SQ.

Tell them you are unable to make the booking online. You shouldn’t have to pay any booking fees.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 12:50 am

Programs: SQ TPP, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Some of the return flight prices are not available if you choose certain cheaper fares for the outbound flights. Change the fare for the outbound flight to a more expensive fare and there should be more flights/fares available for the return flights.
RTWFF likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 7:31 pm

Programs: SQ/CX
I do experience such issues before, went to book with an OTA, same price or sometimes cheaper for the same fare class.
Provided you don't have to change your booking, else you will have to pay the OTA's service/change fee + airline fees.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BD, DL, UA, AA, Marriott, SPG
Originally Posted by Ex-SIN
Some of the return flight prices are not available if you choose certain cheaper fares for the outbound flights. Change the fare for the outbound flight to a more expensive fare and there should be more flights/fares available for the return flights.

This is exactly what was happening.

Originally Posted by koohansen
I do experience such issues before, went to book with an OTA, same price or sometimes cheaper for the same fare cla
Provided you don't have to change your booking, else you will have to pay the OTA's service/change fee + airline fees.
So I took this advice and booked through an OTA. Now unfortunately I need to change the ticket and OTA says it's not possible since there is no availability. Singaporeair.com shows plenty of availability and the prices aren't too high either. The OTA also says since it's a LITE fare I won't get anything back if I cancel.

I think the reason this is happening is that my original ticket was BOM - SIN - DPS - SIN - BOM without any stopovers. I now want to prepone my BOM - SIN ticket and add a stopover. I am of course willing to pay the change fee and fare difference. I am also OK with cancelling the BOM - SIN segment and paying a change fee and buying a new ticket for BOM - SIN but the OTA says it's not possible.

I called SQ and they said only the OTA can make a change to the ticket.

Any tips?

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.