Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Singapore Airlines | KrisFlyer
Reload this Page >

SQ833 PVG to SIN in NEW A380 Suites experience

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2019, 11:15 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Hello everyone! I booked and award for myself and my wife on SQ833 from PVG to SIN for my wife's birthday. We are pretty darn excited. I was able to snag one save and one advantage award so it worked out being 72.5k KF miles each. Not a bad redemption, but figured better book now than after devaluation.

I've been trying to find some reviews for this flight, but most what I come up with is HKG to SIN or reviews for the long haul flights to Europe. Looking for information on what to expect for this 5.5 hours flight.

1. From the website, it doesn't seem there is the BTC. Anyone have a menu from a recent flight?

2. I'm sure they'll have the customary Dom and Krug loaded, just not sure if they will have loaded caviar. Does SQ serve caviar on sub 6 hr flights?

3. Full amenity kit? Pajamas?

We have another segment in suites from MNL > SIN > SYD so I'll have the opportunity to enjoy these things as well. Just curious what this segment might be like.

thanks.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
See review from ycp81 here : Shanghai New Year with SQ New A380 Business and Suites
Old Jan 19, 2019, 3:14 pm
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sl00001
Perfect! Thanks for the link. I look forward to the final report too.
Old Jan 19, 2019, 6:10 pm

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Have done 2 x Saver Rdpts 833 recently and can confirm:

1. I do not keep menus - BTC is available but I usually go with onboard menu

2. No caviar on any SIN-Sino routes - satay instead - other than that full R/F F & B offerings.

3. No PJs or Amenity Kits on 833 as it does not meet SQs criteria for provision - see below:

“Current uplift criteria for First Class sleeper suits and amenity kits are for day flights with a duration of more than 7 hours, and for night flights with a duration of more than 5 hours, departing after 1800 hours and where the scheduled time of arrival is after 0030 hours”.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Cruiser Elite; Jan 27, 2019 at 10:50 pm
Old Jan 22, 2019, 10:35 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Cruiser Elite
Have done 2 x Saver Rdpts 833 recently and can confirm:

1. I do not keep menus - BTC is available but I usually go with onboard menu

2. No variation on any SIN-Sino routes - satay instead - other than that full R/F F & B offerings.

3. No PJs or Amenity Kits on 833 as it does not meet SQs criteria for provision - see below:

“Current uplift criteria for First Class sleeper suits and amenity kits are for day flights with a duration of more than 7 hours, and for night flights with a duration of more than 5 hours, departing after 1800 hours and where the scheduled time of arrival is after 0030 hours”.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the update!

Too bad about the caviar, nothing better in 1st class in my opinion. But as far as BTC, I really did not think this was available departing from PVG. When I go to my reservation, the BTC is greyed out, as well as when you go to the SQ website it does not list PVG as a departure the provides BTC. This would be great if this has been added recently and not just updated on the website.

This is probobly a simple answer, but I've been looking at your sentence "other than that full R / F F & B offerings" for 2 days and for the life of me can't figure out what full R/F stands for??? Ahhhhh it's been killing me???

Thanks again​​​​​​.
Old Jan 24, 2019, 2:12 am

Programs: Krisflyer
R is the old booking code for Suites, R/F is just generic way of saying Suites/First
Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:34 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by onlySIA
R is the old booking code for Suites, R/F is just generic way of saying Suites/First
Ahh Haaa, Finally! Thanks for the input. Lots of acronyms, abbreviations and lingo in this industry. I can remember that day I figured out what YMMV stood for. : -)
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:35 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I just flew this flight in suites last week, PJs or no PJs, caviar or no caviar...these new suites are just full on rock star. Great flight.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 10:10 am
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by thesilb
I just flew this flight in suites last week, PJs or no PJs, caviar or no caviar...these new suites are just full on rock star. Great flight.
Thanks for sharing.

Am I correct in thinking that book the cook is not available on this flight?

Yeah, I'm not sure excited fully expresses my feelings for this flight. We're gonna be on cloud 9 and will be blown away by whatever we get to experience on this 5.5 hour hop. We begin our trip, PVG > SIN > BKK, on my wife's birthday, so it will be a great surprise for her. I've already got a cake on request, and no better way to celebrate a big day than 40,000 feet in the air in one of the most luxurious hard products in the sky. Then we have a 19 hour layover in SIN. Hoping to enjoy the Private room, 1st class lounge and the free Singapore tour offered by the airport. Our flight to Bangkok is then on the new SQ 787-10 business product as well. I was able to book one ticket as a saver award, and one as a advantage award, 50k / 95K, so basically 72.5k per ticket. A great redemption in my opinion.
Old Jan 29, 2019, 3:35 am

Programs: QF SQ VA CX DL UA PR MH MU
Originally Posted by tpsmith82
Am I correct in thinking that book the cook is not available on this flight?
I was sure BTC was available ex PVG but it may not be - it is ex PEK but maybe not PVG. See here: https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/a...book-the-cook/

Afternoon flts i never BTC due to limited menu - just go with std menu instead - but still was sure avail ex PVG - maybe not.

On your layover in SIN don’t miss the PH Rare Champs in SKL F - it knocks spots of the Dom served in TPR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.