Wiki Posts
Search

Booking award seat with 1 infant

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:03 pm
Original Poster

Booking award seat with 1 infant

Hi Expert Flyers,
I am planning to book one way award for my wife and 11 months old son on J seat from LAX to SIN, the rate for 1 pax is 92K miles, how is the infant's mile / cash calculated? Thank you!

P.S: I know there maybe some frowned upon regarding baby in Premium cabin, I just want them to travel there comfortably
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:20 pm

Are you looking for 1 seat for the infant, or is the infant going on the lap?

For seat for infant, kindly add infant as redemption nominee and book like for an adult (same rate as an adult).
For lap infant, kindly book the adult tickets first, then call in to get the infant ticketed (10% of the prevailing adult fare).
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by hondaman82
Hi Expert Flyers,
I am planning to book one way award for my wife and 11 months old son on J seat from LAX to SIN, the rate for 1 pax is 92K miles, how is the infant's mile / cash calculated? Thank you!

P.S: I know there maybe some frowned upon regarding baby in Premium cabin, I just want them to travel there comfortably
Don’t frown. I do this all the time with my little one.

I call in separate as it’s only 10% of cost of ticket for infant to travel and sit on lap / bassinet.

The journey from US to SIN is long so understandable you want to make it as comfortable as possible for yourself too. My little one gets to sleep for hours on end in comfort which helps journey a lot.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 11:31 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Yes but the J seats on SQ are very very wide. So as long as they aren’t very large they will comfortably fit on a single seat. There is no nead to book a separate seat for the infant.

I’ve done this comfortably many times.
NetJets Germany likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: CX DM, SQ KF Gold
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
Yes but the J seats on SQ are very very wide. So as long as they aren’t very large they will comfortably fit on a single seat. There is no nead to book a separate seat for the infant.

I’ve done this comfortably many times.
Same here. I’m just on the way back from the US with my wife and 8 month old daughter. We are travelling in J on CX, and although the J seats on CX are considerably narrower than the ones on SQ, I would not spend miles on a third seat. Also bear in mind that at such a young age an infant will hardly be self-sufficient in their seat, so you would spend 90% of your time in their seat rather than your own if you had booked a separate seat for the little one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.