Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIN - KUL business class on SQ/silkair

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2018, 4:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
SIN - KUL business class on SQ/silkair

SIN to KUL is a very short flight (50mins) and I understand that SQ/Silkair still serve a light meal (panini/sandwiches) onboard for business class passengers. However, all the trip reports that I have read online suggest meat panini/sandwiches are always offered on board. Does anyone knows if they have a vegetarian option??
Old Nov 30, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
No, but you can order a special meal.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 9:01 pm

Just flew this recently. The panini that I was served was some Korean bulgogi variant - suffice to say it has no semblance to bulgogi! And it’s a cold sandwich.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by chinhk
SIN to KUL is a very short flight (50mins) and I understand that SQ/Silkair still serve a light meal (panini/sandwiches) onboard for business class passengers. However, all the trip reports that I have read online suggest meat panini/sandwiches are always offered on board. Does anyone knows if they have a vegetarian option??
Don’t expect too much. The flight is much shorter than 50 mins most of the time. Expect to take 40 mins take off to landing.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:22 am

Programs: QF LTG, SQ EGTP, Bonvoy LTG
Originally Posted by Mlee888

Don’t expect too much. The flight is much shorter than 50 mins most of the time. Expect to take 40 mins take off to landing.
Looking at some random flights over the last few days, could be as low as 32 mins.
Old Dec 1, 2018, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: KLM Flying Blue, Singapore Airlines Kris Flyer, British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Just flew this recently. The panini that I was served was some Korean bulgogi variant - suffice to say it has no semblance to bulgogi! And it’s a cold sandwich.
This is good to know. Was there a vege option?
By the way, which flight was this... SQ 116 or 118?
Old Dec 1, 2018, 5:02 pm

There should be a vegetarian option.

Considering the route and the number of folks that fly between the two countries from different backgrounds, SQ I’m certain will cater for vegetarians in the same way as non-vegetarians.

Just don’t expect too much. Flights I’ve taken were 40 mins longest but as you can see there are also some just more than 30 mins.

Better off going to lounge beforehand and eating there.
chinhk likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by chinhk
This is good to know. Was there a vege option?
By the way, which flight was this... SQ 116 or 118?
Yes there was a vege option. Honestly it didn't leave an impression on me as it came across as less appetising than the bulgogi wannabe.

Agree you're better off eating in the lounge and not rely to be satisfied by anything that was served on the plane.

My flight was MI326.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 6:33 am

Programs: BA Silver, CX Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat Elite
Originally Posted by Mlee888
There should be a vegetarian option.

Considering the route and the number of folks that fly between the two countries from different backgrounds, SQ I’m certain will cater for vegetarians in the same way as non-vegetarians.

Just don’t expect too much. Flights I’ve taken were 40 mins longest but as you can see there are also some just more than 30 mins.

Better off going to lounge beforehand and eating there.
Agreed. Better options on the ground for such a short flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.