Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hold fee?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 2:38 pm
Original Poster

Hold fee?

I tried holding an award flight because I'm trasnferring some Amex points -- the agent said I could do it with a $25 per passenger fee...is this new? I looked at some older threads and it seems like people were able to do it for free? Is this at the discretion of the agent? Thanks for your experiences!
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by magic168
I tried holding an award flight because I'm trasnferring some Amex points -- the agent said I could do it with a $25 per passenger fee...is this new? I looked at some older threads and it seems like people were able to do it for free? Is this at the discretion of the agent? Thanks for your experiences!
I have an award flight on hold too while waiting for Chase UR points to transfer. Freaking 4 days already. No one ever mentioned a hold fee to me so I hope I don't get a surprise.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:02 pm
Original Poster

Called in again, and this person did it for me without a hold fee. I have until 9/13 Singapore time. I hope that's enough time. A bit concerned as I had to split it between Amex and Citi points, so I added a variable in there.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 3:26 pm

My original award hold had me arriving in Bangkok, and they were holding the award seat for a few days. I called a couple of days later and changed my arrival to Phuket. I asked the agent how long it should take to transfer. Said could take as long as 2 to 4 weeks!! She extended my hold til October 25. I really hope I'm not waiting much longer as I want to get ticketed and choose my seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.