Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Do they weigh your carry-on at LAX?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2019, 8:20 am

Few years ago I was traveling in Y out of LAX, and there was this supervisor at the check in counter who was super super particular about an electronic equipment I was carrying onboard. With the bubble-wrap packaging it was slightly over the permitted size; but the original equipment without bubble wrap was within the permitted size. I told him I could remove the wrap and bring it onboard, but he still forced me to check it in. Upon arrival in SIN, I found that it was slightly damaged cosmetically. I kicked up a big fuss to SQ thereafter, lodge a complaint against that supervisor and claimed SQ insurance. I succeeded.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:43 am

Just for the record, travelled twice on this route in last few months and once they weighed and the other they didn’t. Had same carry on both times and was traveling in J.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.